404 Not Found rpi_null.sh

wget https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_null.sh
–2017-03-26 12:29:34-- https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_null.sh
Resolving cayenne.mydevices.com (cayenne.mydevices.com)… 52.202.24.38, 54.87.151.232
Connecting to cayenne.mydevices.com (cayenne.mydevices.com)|52.202.24.38|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2017-03-26 12:29:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.

1 Like

hi!

+1 Is there any way to add Raspi if I have only ssh access? I’m not in the same WiFi network in order to use Mobile app.

Thanks!

Can’t Ping mydevices.com
http://i.ping.pe/R/C/img_RCv5RAr3.png

Hi @meaverick,

The issue with rpi_null.sh doesn’t have to do with a lack of connectivity to our server, it’s a bug in the device add experience where it sometimes generates ‘null’ where there should be instead an invite code for that Pi. I think all of that pinging failing is due to our server configuration – I’m not aware of any server issues at this time.

Is this on your account that already has devices on it? If so, try deleting the pending Pi entry from the left sidebar, then creating a new Pi install from Add New > Device / Widget > Single Board Computers > Raspberry Pi.

If this is on a different account that has no devices, you’ll need to get to the dashboard in order to see the device list so you can delete the pending install that is causing the error. You can do this in a couple of different ways:

1. The easy solution, if you are comfortable with it: Share your account login and password with me via private message, and I’ll add a device and delete the one causing your bug. It will take less than 5 minutes. You can change your password to something you are comfortable sharing with this form.

2. If you prefer not to share your account, I understand. To resolve the problem yourself, you can create a ‘fake’ device that will allow you to see the device list and delete the offending entry. To do this, you’ll want to follow this documentation until you’ve completed the ‘Connect board to Cayenne’ section. At that point you’ll be able to see your device list, and you can delete the ‘pending’ devic(es), which looks like this:

Yes, this is possible. To do so, log into the Cayenne web dashboard and begin the process of adding a new Raspberry Pi. Follow the on-screen instructions until you get to the page titled “Connect your Raspberry Pi”. On that page, if you scroll down to ‘Option 2’ there will be two commands you can run via SSH on your Pi – one downloads the installer, the next one runs it.

Once it’s installed and connected to Cayenne, you’ll be able to reach the Pi via both the web and mobile dashboards, since at that point you’re talking to our cloud server so local WiFi doesn’t matter. Let me know if you run into any trouble with these steps!

Rsiegel, thanks for your clarification, but pls, read the very first post in this thread.

@mirddin

I see, I didn’t realize you had the rpi_null.sh issue as well. This is fixable – see options #1 and #2 in the post right above my response to you. I’d be happy to fix the issue for you if you private message me your account credentials, or you can use the steps in #2 to resolve it for yourself.

Thank you.

Bumping this thread to let anyone reading know that the rpi_null.sh bug was fixed last week and should no longer be occurring. Certainly let me know if you see this moving forward. Thanks for your patience while we squashed this bug!

Woohoo!