Add IP to Arduino overview / config screen for Arduino

Is it possible to add the IP field in the overview / config screen for the Arduino?

Shouldn’t be too hard for them to do, +1 from me.

In the meantime if you want it now you can send anything back to the dashboard. See my post here: Dashboard values don't update Obviously modify the code to send back the IP address instead of the values of the DHT11 sensor. A tip for you: the IP address is in an array so use something similar to the function below.

void printIPAddress()
{
  Serial.print("My IP address: ");
  for (byte thisByte = 0; thisByte < 4; thisByte++) {
    // print the value of each byte of the IP address:
    Serial.print(Ethernet.localIP()[thisByte], DEC);
    Serial.print(".");
  }
  Serial.println();
}
1 Like

It should be possible. We will work on displaying the IP Address in the configuration screen for Arduino. Thanks for bringing this up!

p.s. Nice workaround @ats1080s !

-B

Just curious here, what’s your use case for adding an the IP for Arduino?

-B

The goal for me is to have multiple arduino doing work that the esp8266 stand alone units cannot handle in the field, or where a wireless unit is not ideal and a hardwired would work. I find it easier to reference identical (in components or construction) units by the ip address. I save and organize sketches, configs, diagrams and the like by those same ip address in the event of a failure.

Not a deal breaker by any means, just handy information. With the 10 esp8266 units I have deployed, I had to resort to labeling them by ip as well.

This is great thank you, Cayenne team was wondering what the use case was for this so it helps give context. :slight_smile:

-B