Adding Devices not yet supported

I made a 24VAC input PCB using a MCP23008 I2C chip, and coincidentally it is supported by Cayenne. I also bought a 4 channel 16bit I2C MCP3428 ADC board from ControlEverything.com (nice selection, good prices), but find it is not supported. Will you be expanding the list of supported devices? Would it be feasible to run my own Python program (specific to the MCP3428) on the RPi to bring in the MCP3428 data and make the data accessible to Cayenne? If Cayenne could be set up to access “community made” programs on the RPi, it might increase it’s utility and also get community members into a new level of creativity.

That’s a hot request they are working on. “Coming soon” was the last update :slight_smile:

Yes, I’d like to be able to create and use custom (smart) devices with Cayenne.

When will this be generally available. Coming soon is a bit vague. :slight_smile:

Yep, it’s vague, but as with any service that is available while under development that’s what you have to work with. Currently they are focused on Arduino support so everything else is on the back burner for a bit. After the Arduino release comes out they have a whole list of things to work on (this included).

This is the idea! As @ats1080s mentioned, we’re sort of ‘hunkered down’ with getting Arduino support out the door. We’ll then move to letting you add virtually any device and create a process for members to post their device for other members of the community to use. Great ideas!

-B