Android App - Server Error

Board : Arduino Yun
When loading app from android and navigate to devices and select my board, the app stoped showing my widgets and shows end error at the bottom in red “Server Error”
From web dashboard or IOS app things works normally.

Regards

Hi @ufrtgr,

Sorry for the trouble. As a first sanity check, can you try clearing the app’s cached data to see if it resolves this issue. To do that:

1. Go to Settings > Application Manager on your Android device
  2. Tap Force Stop and OK to stop the Cayenne App
  3. Tap Clear Data to clear the app’s data and cache.
  4. Re-launch the Cayenne app. You’ll need to log back into your account. Let me know if the issue persists.

If it does still occur, it’s likely the state of some device/widget on your account that the Android app is (incorrectly) not handling well. In that case, do you mind sharing your Cayenne login/password via private message with me so I can investigate and determine the offending item and start working toward fixing the bug? You can change your password to something you’re comfortable sharing here.

1 Like

Dear rsiegel,
i did reset my dashboard from web and now android app is working correctly. But adding my widgets again, the DS18B20 is not showing the correct values as previously. There is something wrong with Celsius and Fahrenheit units i suppose. When you add an DS18B20 sensor it deosnt gives you the option to choose units. You have to add the sensor and the from settings choose the unit you want. I dont know if this cause any troubles. I also used both statements
Cayenne.celsiusWrite
Cayenne.virtualWrite
and i am not sure if there is any different between those statements, as sometimes is gives you Celsius if you choose celsius, but sometimes it will display Fahrenheit whatever you select it will only display Fahrenheit. Another thing i have noticed is that if for example you set units to be celsius for a temperature sensor from web dashboard, then in app both ios and android it will show Fahrenheit, it seems it doesn’t update changes you make between platforms.

Regards

For a DS18B20 I would use Cayenne.celsiusWrite() and then adjust the units in the widget settings where there will be a C/F/K menu option.

If you could share your sketch file (remove out the Cayenne token to keep things private) and a screenshot of the settings for the DS18B20 widget from the web dashboard, I can look to see if anything obvious looks strange.

We are aware of issues with syncing widget settings changes between the mobile and web dashboards, and are rewriting the back end that does this in the first quarter of this year. In the meantime, you should be able to force the iOS app to refresh by force closing it and re-opening. On Android, it should be enough to back out to the device list, and re-select your device to refresh the dashboard.

Uninstall the app and install it again. works now.
Thanks

Thanks for the update! Please let us know if you run into issues again.

-B