Android app showing "There was an error loading your data"

Hello, its just me or after maintaince my android app stopped working.
Error Loading - There was an error loading your data. Please try again later. it was working perfectly few days back.If i uninstall and instal back login then app is working fine but if i close and open it i wont load…server error.
Its just me?

Hi micho111

I have same error, I think the app did an update and has not worked for me ever since.
I just get “There was an error loading your data. Please try again later”

Hi @micho111, @sv650suk

Sorry for the trouble. There is no new app update, but we did an update to our server backend a couple days ago. After the maintenance, it looks like currently-logged in Android builds were displaying this error. It’s been resolving for everyone I’ve interacted with by going to the Application Manager (varies by device), then force-stop the app, and clear app data.

You’ll have to log back in after re-launching the app, but it should pull in fresh data OK. Let me know either way if that does it for both of you, and if you need help locating the Application Manager on your device.

Does not help ne sorry… Still same issue server error. I cleaned cache relogin… Even reinstall app few times.

Got it. Thanks for letting us know. Do you mind sharing your login/password with me privately so I can investigate if there is something on your account that’s choking the Android app?

You can send me a private message by clicking on my name on this post then the blue message button. If you want to change your password before (and after) sharing, you can do so on this form: https://cayenne.mydevices.com/cayenne/forgot

Hi,

it works if i log out and back in, but if i leave the app open next time i open it i get error.

It’s been happening to me too… either logging out of the app or clearing the app data seems to work for me.

i dont know if rsiegel fixed it or not but no more server error for me. Now only problem is that its loading widgets very very slow like about 1min and that was not the case before.

Same here, it keeps happening. If I log out and login, it works, but after a while it will do the same thing: Missing the widgets, all of them.

hi @micho111,

I didn’t do anything to change your account, so that’s curious. I just logged into it expecting to find the error, and then found this post after I didn’t. What exactly do you mean by the widgets loading slow? For me the dashboard drew in just a few seconds. Or do you mean that a change in temperature on the sensor takes a very long time to appear in the app? Or something else?

@manuelgod69g are you seeing a “Error Loading - There was an error loading your data.” before seeing a blank Android dashboard?

@EricHarden are you having to do this (logout/login/clear app data) multiple times? And then eventually you see the “Error Loading - There was an error loading your data.” message again?

@sv650suk have you had a chance to clear Cayenne’s app data via the Android application manager to see if it resolves this issue? Logging out and back in again isn’t enough to resolve it in our testing. Let me know if you need additional help to find how to do that.

I am not seeing any error at all, just a blank page with no widgets at all. only the button to add a widget

@manuelgod69g understood, I think this is a serious, though different, issue than the others were seeing.

Do you mind sharing your login/password with me privately so I can investigate if there is something on your account that’s choking the Android app?

You can send me a private message by clicking on my name on this post then the blue message button. If you want to change your password before (and after) sharing, you can do so on this form: https://cayenne.mydevices.com/cayenne/forgot

ok rsiegel server error is back again.Yesterday my slow problem was exactly as manuelgod69g screenshot but my widgets were adding one by one and complete after 1minute i just had to wait (btw nodeMCU too).Today i get again server error.You can try log in to my account i send you name/pass.

Hello
I have the same problem since the android app. From the desktop PC the site works well !!!. On my cell phone (android), uninstall and install again and the error persists !!! Is the problem on your servers?
Thank you

I have the save issue. A force stop and logout/login and it works until next time I go back to the app again. It works a few times and then fails again. More often on one of my android devices than others. The web seems to work all the time, so it has the be some issue with the app.

I have the same problem. Logging error appears to me or does not the widgets appear.

@manrobles @guru.larsson @cuentaproyecto5000 (and everyone else reading).

We have made progress on this issue this morning and can now reproduce it at-will in house and have developers looking at it. I’ve added all of your names to a list to contact as soon as we have a resolution, and of course I’ll update here as well.

We now believe ‘Server Error’, ‘There was an error loading your data’, and the blank Arduino dashboards on Android are all related to the same root cause.

Until we have a fix, force-stopping the app and clearing App Data should temporarily resolve the issue. You’ll need to re-login, and then you should see your account OK. In our testing, you can avoid re-occurrence of the bug by leaving the app open and backgrounding it when you’re not using it. Something about closing the app seems to trigger the issue to reoccur. If it re-occurs, force-stop and clear app data again.

I have done the clear data and cache and forced it to stop, I have to login after this, and it works for a short time, then I have to log out and back in on the app for it to work again,

Strange thing happening as well I renamed one of my relay’s to garden and it keeps changing back and forward to relay switch and then garden like its resetting on the server side

Matt

the last pic is when I close the app and open it again, the 0 and 1 's work if I’m logged in on my pc so they change when I click them on the pc and the app changes 0 to 1, but the app wont click them on the phone.

All,

We made a lot of progress on this yesterday, we have a fix internally that seems to resolve the issue entirely in our testing.

Until that is out the door (and there will be plenty of announcement of it here), the best way to avoid triggering this seems to be avoiding closing the Cayenne app whenever possible. Even if you’re not doing so manually, battery manager apps that close backgrounded apps may trigger the issue as well, so if you’re running a battery manager app like that, consider adding Cayenne to its whitelist until we have a new build released.

1 Like