Arduino and Raspberry Together

Is the pi resetting when it loses connection? Power supplies have been an issue in the past for similar problems. If not we can troubleshoot some network settings. Have a run through this post as well Troubleshooting Pi Showing Up as Offline in Dashboard

1 Like

The Pi itself is not having connection issues. It is being recognized and read. The Arduino Uno that is using the Pi for Cayenne access is the one having trouble communicating via serial-USB port. I took it home this weekend to trouble shoot and found that when on my home wifi network there is no issue. Can you recommend what I should look into?

On a side note, after about 20 minutes of good, fluid readings while connected at home, the widgets for my Arduino froze. It was still being recognized by Cayenne, but was no longer updating the values assigned to the sensors.

Hello newbie here who is trying to install a dht22 to monitor humidity … I was wondering with this method would I be able to view both the raspberry pi and arduino on the same caynee dash board ? Also is the dht sensor visable in the iOS app ?

Sorry to bother Total newbie at it again , here is the error i am getting while trying to add the sketch to my arduino

Here are the error messages i have adeed the cayenne libary per instructions is there anything else and updated with my token.

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\le93060\Documents\Arduino\sketch_aug16a\sketch_aug16a.ino:1:27: fatal error: CayenneSerial.n: No such file or directory

#include <CayenneSerial.n>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Hello mate,
In the first line you have #include <CayenneSerial.n> and it should be #include <CayenneSerial.h>

Regards :wink:

Yes, it is possible.
You can add as much devices as you want on the same dashboard. First ensure that they are connected to the Cayenne and sensors are sending data as you expect. Then you can create a new project and drag and drop devices and sensors that you want to display. This is indeed a cool function! See the picture bellow, for creating a new project:

@joaoduarte_89 @ognqn.chikov Thank you Very much it took the sketch when I copied exactly what @akers.kenneth66 posted and changed my key. I installed the cayenne library, but how and where do I place the code for this? Also, how do I run the command on the PI for cayenne-ser.sh" , do I use sudo apt git ? I am very new to this and have only been able to Succfussly add a relay and one wire temp sensor. My goal is to get my relays and ds18b20 working as well as my DHT22 all on one cayenne dash board exactly like @ognqn.chikov . I purchased my Arduino to help with this project since i did not want to use the mattq feature. I am sorry for so many questions.

You can read this comment, and follow the same procedure:

I am working of that post but do not understand how to run the script . I have included a snap shot of my directory for you and also the error I am getting while trying to run the script … I am positive i am doing something wrong and help is greatly appreciated

Looks like you don’t have the script to run it. You can download it from here https://github.com/myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-Arduino-Library/tree/master/extras/scripts

Thank you Adam , would I use git clone and then the URL ?

Yes, that will work. Or you can right click it and save link as if you want to do it from a browser.

1 Like

Thank you adam i am trying to do this with putty . Buti got the following error

Hello,
Try to manually copy it. I was also trying with github but with no success. I used a VNC and make a copy/paste via the graphic user interface.

Try this command:

wget https://github.com/myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-Arduino-Library/blob/master/extras/scripts/cayenne-ser.sh

Adam ,

Thank you again for your help , it did download the file to my pi . but when trying to run the file it says access denied . i have attached the following screen shots . do i need to include sudo in my command ?

chmod +x cayenne-ser.sh should fix the permissions problem

1 Like

You might also need to run it with sudo after running the command @adam gave you (which makes it executable in the first place). Definitely let me know if you have any trouble as I’m pretty experienced with troubleshooting the USB Serial script.

This is what I got when I tried, please find the attached photo.

Looks correct to me, now you just run it like normal. sudo ./cayenne-ser.sh

1 Like