Arduino+ESP8266+Android

Hi, I am new to myDevices and I just downloaded Arduino libraries and Android App. Some basic questions on this platform.

1. I am using Arduino Uno with ESP8266 (To enable WiFi communication). I have hardware ready where I am able to simulate using AT commands. Is this combination is supported by myDevices. When I tried to sign up I selected Arduino Uno as hardware and Manual Connection sketch please correct if I am wrong in this. However this sketch needs lot of data like IP and MAC address etc. I guess if I apply correct details it will be connected.

2. I downloaded Android app but it is only searching for Raspberry Pi, no option for Arduino. I guess that is because Arduino is in beta mode. Am I correct ? Will Arduino will also be available in Android and iPhone ?

3. I am looking for commercial product for home automation. Does this platform also provide support for that like how new app will be created for end users ? From where I can find rates,process and features for commercial user ? Based on that I can decide whether I can use this or not.

4. Can we have list of widgets available in this platform ? Or any video or example where I can see all functionalities.

Thanks,
Krunal

Try installing this:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/esp8266-thing-hookup-guide/installing-the-esp8266-arduino-addon

I’m wrestling with this, too- :wink:

Hi @bhavsar.krunal.h,

Sorry for late reply here. Welcome to the Cayenne community!

1. We’ve just released Android support for Arduino. If you download latest version of Cayenne, you will see Arduino support.

2. We are still coming up with a product mix for commercialization of Cayenne. Cayenne will always be free to makers though. Perhaps you can send me email and we can further talk about your needs from Cayenne for commercialization? bestes@mydevices.com

3. You can view an array of videos in our Videos section in the community.
    Videos - myDevices Cayenne Community

And, if you are using the ESP8266, here is the how-to :

Looking forward to hearing from you,

-Benny

ya- but- which device?
I’m trying to flash the token right now.
I’ve written several times to the Esp12-e
Wifi? Serial? USB serial?
Tryin’ to figger it out-

ya- but- which hardware?
Uno
Due? Leonardo?
which generic device? I can’t see Esp12-e
I’m trying to flash the token right now.

I’ve written several times to the Esp12-e using Arduino
via a FTDI USB 3.3volt RS232 @ 15200 baud
flashed a generic Wifi connect
Tryin’ to figger it out-
I saw it connect to my WiFi earlier-
still haven’t seen Cayenne make it work
GPIO 4 = Out (Relay)
GPIO 12, 13, 14, 16 are GPIO IN

Thanks bestes,[quote=“bhavsar.krunal.h, post:1, topic:1122”]
I downloaded Android app but it is only searching for Raspberry Pi, no option for Arduino. I guess that is because Arduino is in beta mode. Am I correct ? Will Arduino will also be available in Android and iPhone ?
[/quote]

I am looking for commercial product hence if my example works from Cayenne app, will you provide facility to create Android and iPhone app similar to Cayenne but with our branding?

Based on answer on first question, I will send separate mail to understand costing.[quote=“bhavsar.krunal.h, post:1, topic:1122”]
Can we have list of widgets available in this platform ? Or any video or example where I can see all functionalities.
[/quote]

I didn’t get much information on how to use ESP8266 with Arduino Uno in Cayenne ? Do we have example sketch for the same?

Thanks,
Krunal

For using ESP8266 family devices-
from Dashboard,
Add device Arduino- don’t worry about a “board” type
because the ESP hasn’t been added yet-
This should generate a “token”. Copy it, don’t forget it, then just leave the Dashboard open for a bit.
then
Upload this sketch using ArduinoIDE,
and your ESP should be enabled through the Dashboard.
After uploading the sketch, you will no longer need to use the FTDI232 serial interface. The ESP should be connected using WiFi at this point.

Then, just add the device and add the widgets you need from the Cayenne dashboard.
Skip that silly “Step 1” instruction when you add widgets-
You do NOT need to run a skecth each time you add a widget-
just run this ONE sketch to allow the Arduino to communicate w/Cayenne.

#include <CayenneWiFi.h>

// Cayenne authentication token. This should be obtained from the Cayenne Dashboard.
char token[] = "YourCayenneToken";
// Your network name and password.
char ssid[] = "YourSSID";
char password[] = "YourPassword";

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Cayenne.begin(token, ssid, password);
}

void loop()
{
  Cayenne.run();
}

I’m sometimes wrong. Often. :confused:
I’m not a programmer, I’m a hardware king of guy…