Arduino library shutdown

I’ve read in several places on the forums of the MQTT conversion for Arduinos and the Arduino library shutdown. Yet I can’t find any announcements that stated what this is all about or when. Does this mean an Arduino not installed as a BYOT is being phased out? I’m new to Cayenne and Auduinos so please excuse my ignorance.

Hi @margettepv,

Welcome to the Cayenne forums!

We can put an announcement on the forums, not sure why it wasn’t done already.

Yes this is correct. We are phasing out the ‘older’ Arduino library for a newer mqtt based one. So here’s what I would do. Install the Cayenne mqtt library directly from Arduino IDE, like this picture.

Hope this helps.

~Benny

Thanks for the reply Benny!
If you “Add new_Microcontroller_ Arduino” using a token, is that MQTT?
It appears not. If so, why is that option still there? As you can see I’m still a bit confused. :slight_smile:
John

No, that path is for adding the old Blynk method. For MQTT you want to click add new>device/widget>bring your own thing. That will give you all your credentials for the MQTT connection and you can connect anything that supports MQTT!

Did some Blynk Googling. I think I’m starting to figure out the different options. For someone just walking up to Cayenne for the first time it all can be a bit overwhelming. This is coming from an old electronic tech, not a lot experience in the IOT world, yet. :slight_smile:
Thanks Adam & Cayenne forum for your patience!
John

1 Like