Windows 10
Chrome

all is istalled, but
Waiting for board to connect…
in arduino serial i see the code AUTH TOKEN all 10 second

any idea
thanks

Hi @guntern.o,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! Do you think you can post your code (please truncate your auth token though) and also what is displaying in the serial monitor?

-B

Hi
thanks,

It’s the exemple code of Cayenne

/*
Cayenne Serial USB Example

This sketch connects to the Cayenne server using an Arduino Serial USB connection
and runs the main communication loop.

The Cayenne Library is required to run this sketch. If you have not already done so you can install it from the Arduino IDE Library Manager.

For Cayenne Dashboard widgets using digital or analog pins this sketch will automatically
send data on those pins to the Cayenne server. If the widgets use Virtual Pins, data
should be sent to those pins using virtualWrites. Examples for sending and receiving
Virtual Pin data are under the Basics folder.

This requires the use of the Serial USB connection so you cannot use the Serial device for
printing messages. If you need to print you can use SoftwareSerial and connect another device
to read messages via the SoftwareSerial pins.

In order for this to work you must run the connection script on the machine the Arduino is connected to.
The scripts are located under the extras\scripts folder in the main library folder. This redirects the traffic
from the Arduino to the Cayenne server.

Steps:
1. Set the token variable to match the Arduino token from the Dashboard.
2. Compile and upload this sketch.
3. Launch the connection script as described below for Windows or Linux/OSX.

Windows:
  1. Open the Windows command line (cmd.exe)
  2. Navigate to the scripts folder by typing "cd [path]", e.g.  "cd C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne\extras\scripts"
  3. Run the script by typing "cayenne-ser.bat -c COM4" (where COM4 is port with your Arduino) and hitting Enter

Linux and OSX:
    ./cayenne-ser.sh (may need to run with sudo)

You can specify port, baud rate, and server endpoint like this:
    ./cayenne-ser.sh -c <serial port> -b <baud rate> -s <server address> -p <server port>

For instance :
      ./cayenne-ser.sh -c /dev/ttyACM0 -b 9600 -s arduino.mydevices.com -p 8442

Run cayenne-ser.sh -h for more information

Be sure to select the right serial port (there may be multiple).

ATTENTION!
  Do not use Serial to display any output in this sketch. It will interfere with the Serial
  USB connection. When uploading sketches the Arduino IDE may complain with "programmer is
  not responding" or "Access is denied." You will need to terminate the connection script
  before uploading new sketches since it blocks access to the Serial port. Also make sure 
  the Serial Monitor is disabled in the IDE since that can prevent the Arduino from 
  connecting to the Windows/Linux/OSX machine. If you use Visual Micro for Visual Studio make
  sure Automatic Debugging is disabled. Otherwise the Serial Monitor can interfere with the
  Serial connection.
*/

#include <CayenneSerial.h>

// Cayenne authentication token. This should be obtained from the Cayenne Dashboard.
char token[] = "xxxxxxxx";

void setup()
{
  //Baud rate can be specified by calling Cayenne.begin(token, 9600);
  Cayenne.begin(token);
}

void loop()
{
  Cayenne.run();
}

It’s ok thanks I don’t see that
Windows:

1. Open the Windows command line (cmd.exe)
  2. Navigate to the scripts folder by typing “cd [path]”, e.g. “cd C:\Users[YourUserName]\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne\extras\scripts”
  3. Run the script by typing “cayenne-ser.bat -c COM4” (where COM4 is port with your Arduino) and hitting Enter
    sorry:anguished:
1 Like

How to terminate connection script?? And re-enabling it??

Have you got your code running right
if not download the cayenne library
upload with the sketch with your authetication code
then
run cmd
cd C:\Users[YourUserName]\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne\extras\scripts

then
cayenne-ser.bat -c COM**

where ** is your port number of arduino connected

2 Likes

Thanx…it works…connected successfully.

how to terminate it for new script

@HamnaBazmi
Press ctrl+c…then type Y.
Your connection script is now terminated.after termination upload the code to arduino.After upload ing done, re enable the connection script…

Which text I haveg to copy

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 21:19, Vinodmydevices@discoursemail.com wrote:tO
|
| | vin3yasukhadeve
January 29 |

|
|
@HamnaBazmi
Your connection script is now terminated.after termination upload the code to arduino.After upload ing done, re enable the connection script…
|

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

|
| | HamnaBazmi
January 29 |

|
| how to terminate it for new script |

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Will this be in the command prompt?

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 21:45, hamza khalidhamzakhalidbazmi@yahoo.com wrote: Which text I haveg to copy

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 21:19, Vinodmydevices@discoursemail.com wrote:tO
|
| | vin3yasukhadeve
January 29 |

|
|
@HamnaBazmi
|

In Reply To

|
| | HamnaBazmi
January 29 |

|
| how to terminate it for new script |

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@HamnaBazmi
Yes…u have to type in command prompt…

1 Like

ok let me try thnx

got it
thnx
further have U any idea how to send ardino data to cyenne just by a code when ardino is used without laptop with esp8266 providing internet access

no…i don’t have this module or any wifi shield or arduino yun. thats why i am trying through serial communication. i ordered above mentioned stuff, when they will reach, i dnt know…soon will start work on that .

1 Like

Arduino uno not commu

nicating with cayenne via usb

Run the script by typing “cayenne-ser.bat -c COM4” (where COM4 is port with your Arduino) and hitting Enter

The upper step mentioned is not working
please help

Welcome to Cayenne Kasliwal!

Can you copy/paste the output of the script? Any errors you are getting will help up figure out where the problem is and how to fix it.

Hie Adam,
Here’s the CMD window
Please suggest the solution

I also think the file is not opening maybe because it is in SH format