Bug Filed on 03-01-2016: Dashboard: work flow / default button gripe

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Dashboard
Windows 10 Version 1511 build 10586.104
Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 m

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

While changing the name of a sensor using the settings button and field can lead to deleting the sensor if you use the default button pushes and don’t READ THE SCREEN (my bad).

After entering the new name of a sensor in the Display Name box, a press of the enter key will NOT set the new name and initiate a save,

but instead will default button push on the Remove Sensor button and initiate a Remove Sensor “Are you sure…” conformation box.

And of course following this same logic the Remove Sensor “Are you sure…” conformation box button defaults to Confirm.

So, if you’re like me and not the brightest candle on the cake, this is what happens when you try to change a sensor name at 2 am.

type new sensor name
press enter ('cause I’m done)
press enter ('cause that’s what you do when that pesky conformation screen pops up)
TA DA sensor deleted
crap

I’ve done this at least two times. I would ask that the default button press be changed to the more conventional save button upon enter press.

Am I the only one that has this problem? hope not, hope not, hope not

Thanks,
-Ian

Great catch Ian! This is not how the default flow should be. We can and will make a change for this. It’s an easy change that will make a big difference.

-B

Hi @Ian,

So this was fixed a while ago, just now cleaning up some old posts. Made me laugh reading this post almost 5 months later.

-B

2 Likes