Bug Filed on 08-29-2016: Android app!

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)
Android

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!
Hi! So it seems like I’m getting limited functionality in the Android app. I get a server error when I try and add any sensors, and I can’t issue reboot or shut down commands. Anyone else having this problem?

Hi nikita.gamolsky,
I was having issues when adding sensors yesterday, might have said “server unreachable” or words to that affect on some specific new sensors. All but new sensors worked fine and when I went to delete them the new sensor it would still be there on the dashboard. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app yesterday. Seemed to sort it.

Taking a bit of advice when I call IT in work, “Turn it Off and On again” or reinstall :slight_smile:

BAZ

Hi @nikita.gamolsky, welcome to the Cayenne Community, and sorry that it had to be on the occasion of app trouble to get you here.

While I’m interested if an uninstall/reinstall does anything for you, I’m also interested, if you have the hardware, if you have any better luck with the same sensors/commands if you try form the web dashboard on a PC.

Hi all, so I reset once yesterday but that didn’t seem to do anything.
Might try one more to.e when I have a chance. The web dashboard is fully
functional, no problems there at all.

Thanks for the response. Speaking of uninstalling / re-installing (which you shouldn’t have to do), we’ve seen some luck on this error when people uninstall/reinstall the Cayenne agent that actually runs on the Pi (rather than the Android app itself, although maybe that was enough for @baz ).

To do that, on your Pi enter the commands:

sudo /etc/myDevices/uninstall/./uninstall.sh

then

sudo /etc/webiopi/uninstall/./uninstall.sh

To re-install, just log into your Cayenne account at http://www.cayenne-mydevices.com/ and use Add New… > Device and follow the on-screen instructions. (or use the Android app to re-add your Pi)

We’ll continue to investigate the root cause of the ‘Server Error’ messages internally so we can squash it and eliminate this hoop-jumping.