Bug Filed on 08-29-2016: Web UI takes a "long time" to update device status?

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)
web

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)
jessie

What Model Pi?
RPI 2

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!

I’ve just got my RPI2 running cayenne on Jessie set up with 2 x DS18B20 and an 8 channnel relay.

With the whole kaboodle sat on my desk, I can see that an command issued from the Web UI - to turn on / off a relay channel, say - is actioned pretty much instantly.

However, lets say it takes 2 seconds to actually carry out the command (relay - ON), the Web UI takes say 30 seconds to actually update the status icon, instead sitting their “spinning”.

Out of interest, if I back out of the Web UI page while the device icon is spinning, then go back in again, it knows the current status of the device it was waiting for?

Just FYI…

My RPI2 is connected over WIFI, but it’s right next to my router, and I wouldnt have thought it should make that much difference?

Sounds more like browser rendering to me?

(NB - using Web UI in Android Chrome browser on phone).

I’ve noticed this as well, it’s been a bug for a while. For whatever reason going wired seems to make the process work more reliably but you will still get it from time to time. A simple page refresh will update the widget.