Can't set up on pi

When I run the command wget I get this every time.

sudo wget https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_null.sh
–2016-12-04 13:47:06-- https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_null.sh
Resolving cayenne.mydevices.com (cayenne.mydevices.com)… 54.165.204.191, 52.45.49.188
Connecting to cayenne.mydevices.com (cayenne.mydevices.com)|54.165.204.191|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2016-12-04 13:47:07 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I set another pi up ok but this is a new Rpi 3 model B.

Hi @comber.george,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! So it looks like your unique token that gets generated for your Raspberry Pi is not being generated correctly…hence the rpi_null.sh. Another issue reported an issue similar to this one.

Can you share exactly what you did? This will help us reproduce the issue and fix it on our end. It looks like you got one Raspberry Pi online, and then when you added another Pi the unique token generated as null?

-B

Linking these two issues together:

Hi,
Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes, I removed the old Pi and bought a new one.
I log in and try to add it but I get this url.
Also when I try to add it with the Android app, it finds it ok on the Lan but tells me that username or password or port is wrong.
I changed the password back the the default but that did not work either.

Hey @comber.george,

We’re still waiting for a bug fix for this issue to be approved for our production systems but we have found a workaround for the ‘null’ in the URL. Even if you’re not interested I want to post it here for anyone who runs into this issue and finds this thread so they can have a resolution.

The problem is that you have a “Pending” Raspberry Pi device on your account right now with a null code. If we can delete it and then re-create it, it should generate a code. Complicating things is that our ‘first device’ experience when you have no other devices on your account won’t allow you to reach the device list to do this on your own.

The solution is to add another non-Raspberry Pi device to your account temporarily so you can access the device list, delete the problem Pi entry, then re-create it. So how do you do this? There are a few options:

1. The easy solution: Send me a private message with your account login and password by clicking on my name on this post, then the blue ‘Message’ button. Then I’ll take care of fixing this and hand the account back off to you. :slight_smile: If you’d like, you can change your password before and after sharing the details at this link.

2. If you don’t want to share your account login, I understand. If you have an Arduino device, add it to your account by logging in to the web dashboard and choosing the Arduino button when prompted to add a device. Once you’ve added it, you should have access to the device list on the left side, where you can delete the ‘pending’ Raspberry Pi entry by clicking it, then the ‘Remove’ button. Then you can re-add a new Raspberry Pi via Add New > Device/Widget > Single Board Computers > Raspberry Pi, and finally delete the temporary Arduino.

3. If you don’t want to share your login AND you don’t have an Arduino, Go through the Add Arduino device process anyway until you get to the screen where it offers an ‘Auth Token’. Then message me with just that token and I’ll add an Arduino to your account so you can complete the rest of option 2 above.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the above.

Hi once again @comber.george , (and anyone else reading)

With today’s release, we believe that NEW cases of this null issue should no longer occur, so I’m moving this thread to ‘Resolved’. It still will be necessary to use one of the 3 options I listed above to resolve this on any account like yours where this has already happened, so if so please ping me if I can be of assistance in helping you fix the remaining case of it.

We don’t expect it, but if you or anyone else find this thread and that this issue has occurred on your account past February 2017, please feel free to post here and tag me so we can investigate.