Connecting Issue with Arduino uno and Cayenne Via Ethernet Shield W5100

I have another one doubt…
that is cayenne mobile app doesn’t show the option for arduino…
It shows only raspberry pi option…
What is the problem… ?

Android Arduino support is in Beta. Don’t know about IOS as I try not to get my hands dirty…

Patience my friend. Patience.

Craig

OK…
Thanks for your answers…

We do have Arduino support available in the iOS app already if you have an iOS mobile device. The Android one is coming shortly, we’re squashing some final bugs and should have it out the door.

If you’d like to be part of our Android Arduino beta, send me a PM with your Cayenne email address, and I can have a Beta APK sent to you so you don’t have to wait for the official release! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Hi,

I am trying to connect with cayenne but i am getting like below

MAC: FE-E8-DB-95-E4-E3
[1] Getting IP…
[60452] DHCP Failed!

How can i resolve this issue?

That error indicates your DHCP server did not respond. There can be a few reasons for that.

1. You are not connected to the correct (or any) network
  2. You are connected to a network that has no DHCP server (for example a network with only a switch)
  3. Your router is configured improperly or has failed
  4. You need authentication for the network (corporate or school environment)

We’ll need some more info like what board and what network connection method you’re using. Since you posted in the Arduino uno and Cayenne Via Ethernet Shield W5100 thread I’m assuming that’s what you are using, but you know what they say about assuming…

yes, I have connected W5100 with arduino mega. Network cable connected between Ethernet shield and laptop. I am using MTS Wi-Fi dongle. Any configuration is required? please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

If it’s a windows laptop you’ll have to set up ICS for it to send your Arduino an IP address. You can follow this guide: Windows 7 Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) - YouTube

Hi,

Thanks for your support.Now connection established. I am started working with Cayenne.
I have one device which will read the sensor values continuesly if I send the commands like S0000089 vai RS232 in hyperterminal. I just want to display that sensor values automatically in Cayenne via arduino.Is it possible?

What sensor are you using?

I am using current sensor, but I want to measure via the device which I am having.Only for display I want to use Arduino and cayenne.

Hi I have problem with ip adres in code have IPAddress arduino_ip(10, 10, 10, 20);
but in serial have
[0] Using static IP
[1300] My IP: 255.223.255.223
[5001] Connecting to arduino.mydevices.com:8442
ping to 10.10.10.20 is ok
any ideas?

Hi florek,

What result to do you see in the serial monitor if you run this IP address test sketch?:

Failed to configure Ethernet using DHCP

Do you have access to the router to enable DHCP? Most router configuration software will allow you to specify a consistent IP for any connected devices, which might be easier than trying to configure a static IP directly on the Arduino

I have enable DHCP and don’t have this option in my router but my computer work widh this DHCP in this network

Do you by any chance have an SD card inserted into the W5100 Ethernet shield? If so, try with it removed as I’ve read that this can cause a conflict with DHCP assignment in the Uno/W5100 combo (not a Cayenne issue, just limitation of the hardware).

1 Like

I do power off and on and starts working :slight_smile:

Haha, that’s excellent. :smiley:

Unplug and plug it back in, the old tech support standby! If you run into further questions or issues, please feel free to make a new thread, or send me a PM and I’d be glad to assist!