Detect transition or edge detection

Hi, I can see that cayenne can detect state change in a switch, how would one detect a transition?
Thanks

Hi @kenkoknz,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by transition?

-B

From what I have seen there is no edge detection available yet. The way Cayenne works over the cloud I’m not sure if it makes sense to include it anyway. What would you use it for?

Hi
Thanks for the response. I am thinking of using it as the digital input (under sensors, generic device), I assume the digital input is only detecting a hi or lo; While on the subject does the digital input caters for switch debounce?
I have a application where I want to connect a hardware push button (or a microswitch) to act as a toggle switch, i.e push and release will turn something on, and push and release will turn it off.
Another application I have in mind is to count pulses on the rising edge to trigger a notification if the rpm is exceeded. One can code it as with other platform; However the beauty of Cayenne is code transparent and no coding is needed at all.
This brings the coding workload on the developers and understandably the developers will need to evaluate what generic functions will be included or built into Cayenne.
Thanks,
Ken