DHT11, DHT22 Sensors

Hi team, I am really with all the team waiting for the integration of the DHT11 with the raspberry pi 3 into Cayenne, do you know when this could happen?

Thanks a lot, great IOT app

Another wanting easy integration of the DHT11 for Arduino :slight_smile:

Hi @mikejunor_cayenne

Check out this post for some code that @ats1080s made to get the DHT11/22 sensors working with Arduino and Cayenne. We’ll be adding official support for this sensor on both Pi and Arduino soon, it’s clear this is probably the #1 community requested feature at this point – we hear you.

3 Likes

also eagerly awaiting support for DHT11/22 sensors with rpi

Please, take your time but we need it asap!!
How long yet? ;(

Kookye sent me the DHT 11 as part of the fantastic IOT kit but no support for it still? Do we know when we will get it please?

Yet another user that would very much like to use the DHT11, 22, or AM2302 with Cayenne on RPi

2 Likes

@jrustling @pallottamrc @woz @chris.wood

Hey guys,

We feel you, this is high priority item for us after we release our MQTT API!

By the way, if you guys have Arduino you can use Cayenne and DHT11.

Hang in there!

-B

I’m certainly waiting, with a worm on my tongue…

(baited breath)

1 Like

All fine and good but the ethernet shield for the Arduino costs more than the entire RPi which includes ethernet.

Chris Wood
Dept. of PBEE (Botany)
Oklahoma State University
HBRC 230E (office)
301 Physical Science (main department office)
Stillwater, OK 74078-3013
chris.woodokstateedu
405-744-5529

By the time you pay shipping on a Pi you can almost buy 20 ESP-12e’s :wink:

1 Like

WiFi is not the same as ethernet. It is difficult to connect small devices to the WPA-Enterprise WiFi networks at most universities.

Chris Wood
Dept. of PBEE (Botany)
Oklahoma State University
HBRC 230E (office)
301 Physical Science (main department office)
Stillwater, OK 74078-3013
chris.woodokstateedu
405-744-5529

For cheap ethernet there’s always this device: Amazon.com

It’s not officially supported, although @kreggly made a post guessing which libraries are required to make it work. I thought I added one to my amazon order last week but must not have made it in. I’ll get one ordered today and hopefully give it a try this week.

1 Like

straight up!

Benny, I got the DHT22 and Arduino working perfectly now! I think I fully understand the issue of virtual pins you were talking about yesterday. I’m going to play with triggers and then move on to the sensors!
Thanks again!
Lance

1 Like

Glad to hear it, please feel free to make a new thread if you have questions or need help with any of those, or anything related to Cayenne. You can always message me as well.

@lance2 Great to hear! :slight_smile:
-B

Benny, the triggers are working and the notifications to email and the phone work. Since I have an Apple watch, the notications show up there too! I’m going to try and set up the Raspberry Pi Zero to work with the Arduino and triggers.
I’ll let you know how that works.
-Lance

how did you make arduino and DHT22 to work? im figuring it out but cant do it :frowning: can you link me code? or something :slight_smile: