Documentation

Hi all,
I would like to make a mqtt data documentation for Pi 3 using cayenne like a sniffing packet over wifi to calculate and analysis the delay, throughput and protocol overhead, but i don’t have any idea. can I using wireshark ? and how to sniffing the mqtt data packet through wifi if i using other computer ? using port mirroring?
big thanks for help me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @roni.apriantoro28,

Welcome to the Cayenne community!

Hmmm. @jburhenn @eptak do you have idea here?

~Benny

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow what you are trying to do. Are you just trying to sniff Cayenne packets sent to/from the Pi? If so, WireShark seems like it should work for that since they appear to have a Debian version, though I’ve never used it on a Pi myself.

Or are you running WireShark from a different machine on the network? If so, I’m not sure how you’d do that. Port mirroring seems like it would work, but I’m no WireShark expert so I don’t know for sure how you’d go about setting that up.

1 Like

true, I just trying to sniff Cayenne packets sent to/from the Pi. maybe, i will trying to install the Wireshark to capture it and use other Laptop using SSH to remote Pi.
thanks for your fast respond. i will call you again when I’m ready to start with my project using Cayenne. big thanks bro. :slight_smile:

big thanks bro for your fast respond. :slight_smile:

Were you able to capture the packets? Running wireshark on the Pi is the router I would take. You can then copy the capture to your laptop to analyze.

Very welcome my friend
~B