Error Compiling unoiR3 + W5100

Dear all, Iam new be here,
and I got error compiling the sketch for my 1st time using UNOR3 + Ethernet shield 5100 IDE 1.0.5. The error message is below:

In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkSimpleEthernet.h:20,
from C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/CayenneEthernet.h:24,
from EthernetShieldW5100.ino:21:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h: In member function ‘void BlynkEthernet::begin(const char*, const char*, uint16_t, const byte*)’:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:57: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:63: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h: In member function ‘void BlynkEthernet::begin(const char*, const char*, uint16_t, IPAddress, IPAddress, const byte*)’:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:77: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h: In member function ‘void BlynkEthernet::begin(const char*, const char*, uint16_t, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, const byte*)’:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:97: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h: In member function ‘void BlynkEthernet::begin(const char*, IPAddress, uint16_t, const byte*)’:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:113: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:119: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h: In member function ‘void BlynkEthernet::begin(const char*, IPAddress, uint16_t, IPAddress, const byte*)’:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:132: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h: In member function ‘void BlynkEthernet::begin(const char*, IPAddress, uint16_t, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, const byte*)’:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:152: error: ‘Ethernet’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/CayenneEthernet.h:24,
from EthernetShieldW5100.ino:21:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkSimpleEthernet.h: At global scope:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkSimpleEthernet.h:22: error: ‘EthernetClient’ does not name a type
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkSimpleEthernet.h:23: error: ‘_blynkEthernetClient’ was not declared in this scope

Please help to solve this stuff. Thanks,

Best regard,

@wachid.elektronik

Welcome to the Cayenne Community!

I’m sorry to say, I’m not well versed in the problems with code. That said, I think one thing I would do is upgrade the IDE, 1.6.10 was just released.

Again welcome,

-Ian

I would agree with @Ian, let’s start with upgrading the IDE to the latest one :slight_smile: Keep us updated!

-B

Thanks Ian and Beny,
Last day I check my Inet connection and the result is,something trouble
with the LAN setting.
4th port cant establish the inet connection. May be tonight will try again
using another port. And will update the result to our forum,

1 Like

Also, please share your sketch. Below is really all you need to get going with the W5100 shield.

Cheers,

Craig

#define CAYENNE_PRINT Serial  // Comment this out to disable prints and save space `
  #include <CayenneEthernet.h>

// Cayenne authentication token.
  char token[] = "YOUR_AUTH_CODE";

void setup()
  {
     Serial.begin(9600);
     Cayenne.begin(token);
  }

void loop()
  {
    Cayenne.run();
  }