Error loading basic scketch on Arduino Yun

Device & model you are using Arduino YUN

Hi

I’m setting up my Firstvisit schetch on my Arduino Yun, I loaded the basic Script:

`#define CAYENNE_PRINT Serial // Comment this out to disable prints and save space
#include <CayenneYun.h>

// Cayenne authentication token. This should be obtained from the Cayenne Dashboard.
char token = “***********”;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Cayenne.begin(token);
}

void loop()
{
Cayenne.run();
}

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

And there is a error compilation:

In file included from C:\Users\ecaba\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne/Adapters/BlynkArduinoClient.h:14:0,

from C:\Users\ecaba\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkSimpleYun.h:19,

from C:\Users\ecaba\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne/CayenneYun.h:24,

from C:\Users\ecaba\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1077667858.tmp\sketch_nov04a\sketch_nov04a.ino:2:

C:\Users\ecaba\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkApiArduino.h:110:6: warning: #warning “analogInputToDigitalPin not defined => Named analog pins will not work” [-Wcpp]

#warning "analogInputToDigitalPin not defined => Named analog pins will not work"

^

In file included from C:\Users\ecaba\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne/BlynkSimpleYun.h:20:0,

from C:\Users\ecaba\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne/CayenneYun.h:24,

from C:\Users\ecaba\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled1077667858.tmp\sketch_nov04a\sketch_nov04a.ino:2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Bridge\src/YunClient.h:24:2: warning: #warning “The use of YunClient is deprecated. Use BridgeClient instead!” [-Wcpp]

#warning “The use of YunClient is deprecated. Use BridgeClient instead!”

Does anybody knows why I have this error?

Many many thank’s

Eduard

Hi Eduard, Welcome to the Cayenne Community and thanks for your question.

I spent much of my day with an Arduino Yun yesterday and can thus say with confidence that these two warnings are not limited to you and were seen on my end as well. They are just compiler warnings and not errors, in the immediate case it should be safe to simply ignore them and continue on to upload the sketch to your Yun.

Ultimately this means we need to spend some time updating our libraries to stay current with some of those that we depend on. We have this on our task list and you’ll see the warnings eventually go away in a future library update.

Hi,

First, thank’s for your answer, but I did not reach a connection, I ignored the message but, when I start th serial, nothing happens :-s

Eduard

I am also having a problem with my arduino with the gun shield… I am trying to connect but nothing happens. the serial monitor says imposible to connect: retry(1)…

I don’t know if I have to start the bridge or something similar due I do not have attached my arduino to serial.

Problem solved. In he example the bridge is not started so the arduino is not able to communicate with the shield and then to internet. In order to work I had to add to inside the void the bridge.begin()

void setup()
{
Bridge.begin();
Console.begin();
Serial.begin(9600);
Cayenne.begin(token);
}