Errors

please what the prblm can be? and where can i find it is it a problem of alimentation ?
b

Your device is offline. Connect it to the dashboard to add a new widget.

1 Like

thank you , but can you tell me how can i connect it to the dashoard

The first place to look is the power supply. Is it plugged in? Next is the network. Is it connected and have a route to the internet? Last place to look is the serial output. Do you see any errors there?

i verified and everything is ok ,i tried my branchement without cayenne it give me result
this is my first time with cayenne really i dont know how i adjust the problem :frowning:
PS:( i installed arduino nano with esp8266 and connected together now i try to connect photoresistor with them this branchement is connected to the pc)

can you post the code you are using to connect to cayenne.

/*
This example shows how to connect to Cayenne using a Serial USB connection and send/receive sample data.

The CayenneMQTT Library is required to run this sketch. If you have not already done so you can install it from the Arduino IDE Library Manager.

This requires the use of the Serial USB connection so you cannot use the Serial device for
printing messages. If you need to print you can use SoftwareSerial and connect another device
to read messages via the SoftwareSerial pins.

In order for this to work you must run the connection script on the machine the Arduino is connected to.
The scripts are located under the extras\scripts folder in the main library folder. This redirects the traffic
from the Arduino to the Cayenne server.

Steps:
1. Set the Cayenne authentication info to match the authentication info from the Dashboard.
2. Compile and upload this sketch.
3. Launch the connection script as described below for Windows or Linux/OSX.

Windows:
  1. Open the Windows command line (cmd.exe)
  2. Navigate to the scripts folder by typing "cd [path]", e.g.  "cd C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CayenneMQTT\extras\scripts"
  3. Run the script by typing "cayenne-ser.bat -c COM4" (where COM4 is the Arduino serial port) and hitting Enter

Linux and OSX:
    ./cayenne-ser.sh (may need to run with sudo)

You can specify port, baud rate, and server endpoint like this:
    ./cayenne-ser.sh -c <serial port> -b <baud rate> -s <server address> -p <server port>

For instance :
      ./cayenne-ser.sh -c /dev/ttyACM0 -b 9600 -s mqtt.mydevices.com -p 1883

Run cayenne-ser.sh -h for more information

Be sure to select the right serial port (there may be multiple).

ATTENTION!
  Do not use Serial to display any output in this sketch. It will interfere with the Serial
  USB connection. When uploading sketches the Arduino IDE may complain with "programmer is
  not responding" or "Access is denied." You will need to terminate the connection script
  before uploading new sketches since it blocks access to the Serial port. Also make sure 
  the Serial Monitor is disabled in the IDE since that can prevent the Arduino from 
  connecting to the Windows/Linux/OSX machine. If you use Visual Micro for Visual Studio make
  sure Automatic Debugging is disabled. Otherwise the Serial Monitor can interfere with the
  Serial connection.
*/

#include <CayenneMQTTSerial.h>

// Cayenne authentication info. This should be obtained from the Cayenne Dashboard.
    char username[] = "";
    char password[] = "";
    char clientID[] = "";

void setup()
    {
      //Baud rate can be specified by calling Cayenne.begin(username, password, clientID, 9600);
      Cayenne.begin(username, password, clientID);
    }

void loop() {
      Cayenne.loop();
    }

// Default function for sending sensor data at intervals to Cayenne.
    // You can also use functions for specific channels, e.g CAYENNE_OUT(1) for sending channel 1 data.
    CAYENNE_OUT_DEFAULT()
    {
      // Write data to Cayenne here. This example just sends the current uptime in milliseconds on virtual channel 0.
      Cayenne.virtualWrite(0, millis());
      // Some examples of other functions you can use to send data.
      //Cayenne.celsiusWrite(1, 22.0);
      //Cayenne.luxWrite(2, 700);
      //Cayenne.virtualWrite(3, 50, TYPE_PROXIMITY, UNIT_CENTIMETER);
    }

// Default function for processing actuator commands from the Cayenne Dashboard.
    // You can also use functions for specific channels, e.g CAYENNE_IN(1) for channel 1 commands.
    CAYENNE_IN_DEFAULT()
    {
      //Process message here. If there is an error set an error message using getValue.setError(), e.g getValue.setError("Error message");
    }

why are you using usb connection when you have a esp8266. follow this Cayenne-MQTT-Arduino/ESP8266Shield.ino at master · myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Arduino · GitHub

because i use arduino NANO with ESP8266
now i go to Devices & Widgets and i chose generic ESP8266 and installed using the code that you send me ?

Are you using the ESP as a standalone device, or as a wifi shield for the nano?

wifi shield for the nano

follow this tutorial https://github.com/myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Arduino/blob/master/examples/Connections/ESP8266Shield/ESP8266Shield.ino

but where i put this code ,
in cayenne i chose nano and i put this tutorial or ESP8266 ?

this is a old topic which will give you idea on how to connect aruino + esp8266 shield Beginning IoT with ESP8266-01 Wifi Module and Cayenne IoT Platform – Eldontronics: Electronics Hobbyist
then follow Cayenne-MQTT-Arduino/ESP8266Shield.ino at master · myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Arduino · GitHub

thank you very much :smiley: i hope it works