Esp8266

Adam,

I ran across a blog discussion and they recommend on the uno if you don’t want to use pin 0/1 TX/RX hardware pins that you use software serial with this code….

I will try it both ways….waiting on my ESP card to arrive….

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#include <ESP8266_SoftSer.h>

SoftwareSerial EspSerial(11, 12); // RX, TX

ESP8266 wifi(EspSerial);

1 Like

Adam,

As I suspected this wont compile for UNO only for Mega. It doesn’t like Serial1 as uno has no such defined function. On Uno you have to define the software pin like my comment below. But when I try my code I get the error that ESP8266_SoftSer.h cant be found. So I have no idea where this lib exist….

jim

Adam,

Never had luck with the esp01 card you are showing but did get the esp12 working without the Arduino board where you load the Arduino sketch directly into the ESP nodemcu I think they call it. My sketch reads temp from a thermocouple max6675 that I use with my smoker and sends the temp to cayenne dashboard. Works great except I can’t get the trigger SMS to fire and send me a text when the temp exceeds the temp I put into the trigger? Do you have a way to look at my dashboard and see why?

I can send you my code if you are interested?

Jim

Adam,

My cayenne dashboard

Jim

Hey, sorry for the delay. What connection method are you using for the ESP, Arduino or MQTT?