Ethernet module enc28j60

can I use an ethernet module instead the ethernet sheild ?

Which module do you have in mind?

Craig

enc28j60

Looks like it’s supported by Blynk, so it will potentially work with Cayenne.

Craig

1 Like

@kreggly @ I just ordered this ethernet module and will try it out. @mariomedhat9 Let us know if you can get it working!

-B

1 Like

ok

thank you verry much :smiley:

I don’t have this module, but I slapped some code together.

Install the arduino_uip library, wire up you pins as defined in the comments, and give it a go:

@bestes, did you get one yet?

/**************************************************************
 * For this example you need UIPEthernet library:
 *   https://github.com/ntruchsess/arduino_uip
 * Wire it up:
 *  VCC -- 5V
 *  GND -- GND
 *  CS  -- D10
 *  SI  -- D11
 *  SCK -- D13
 *  SO  -- D12
 *  INT -- D2
 **************************************************************/
#define CAYENNE_DEBUG         // Uncomment to show debug messages
#define CAYENNE_PRINT Serial  // Comment this out to disable prints and save space

#include <CayenneDefines.h>
#include <UIPEthernet.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleUIPEthernet.h>
#include <CayenneEthernetClient.h>

char token[] = "YOUR TOKEN"; //NOT MY TOKEN

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Cayenne.begin(token);
}

void loop()
{
  Cayenne.run();
}

I have one. I’ll have to find it first but can probably test tomorrow if it’s not buried somewhere.

Finally found it after looking for my GPS module (which I didn’t find :cry: )

Confirming it works fine. You have to install the UIPEthernet library from GitHub - ntruchsess/arduino_uip: UIPEthernet: A plugin-replacement of the stock Arduino Ethernet library for ENC28J60 shields and breakout boards. Full support for persistent (streaming) TCP-connections and UDP (Client and Server each), ARP, ICMP, DHCP and DNS. Build around Adam Dunkels uIP Stack. Further developed version can be found on https://github.com/UIPEthernet/UIPEthernet which gives some annoying warnings in the compile output, but hey it works, right?

Thank you for the effort, adam. However It doesn’t work in my case. Here is what I’m doing (please tell me what I’m missing):

-At step 3 “Connect your Arduino” I selected option 1- sketch for W5100 Shield (is it correct?)

Thank you for the assistance again!

what is printed in the serial monitor after adding #define CAYENNE_DEBUG

Hi!

When I type in the sketch and on top I add #define CAYENNE_DEBUG this is on the screen:

"
Sketch uses 6584 bytes (21%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 590 bytes (28%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1458 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
"

If it is necessary I will buy one of the oficially supported Ethernet shields (i don’t want to stay locked outside after all!)

The bigger problem is what to do in order to be able to change the code over internet… any steps or directions?

By now you’ve guessed I’m still in the beginning to understand how things work :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!

-------- Оригинално писмо --------
От: Shramik salgaonkar via myDevices Cayenne Community mydevices@discoursemail.com
Относно: [myDevices Cayenne Community] [Community Help With My Project/Helped] Ethernet module enc28j60
До: dimitkovec@abv.bg
Изпратено на: 28.12.2020 07:06

| shramik_salgaonkar Community Manager
December 28 |

• | - |

what is printed in the serial monitor after adding #define CAYENNE_DEBUG