Executing Files: Camera Streaming

This topic is an extension of Raspberry Pi as Web Server:
Raspberry Pi 3 as Web Server: Camera Streaming

@kreggly Thank you for all your help with streaming the Pi Camera! I looked on YouTube to see if there were any videos about using the Pi Camera and streaming it onto the web server, and I found this video by Pi My Life Up:

The first section of the video is about using a USB camera. I completed the instructions in that section and went on to the second part, which was about using RasPi Camera. I got to the final command at 4:38 where Pi My Life Up tells you how to test it using the command ./motion -n -c motion-mmalcam.conf. For me, I got this error:

./motion: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.53: cannot open s hared object file: No such file or directory

File Properties/General, as seen in Cayenne Remote Acess

File Properties/Permissions, as seen in Cayenne Remote Acess

I entered the command sudo chmod +x motion to make it executable (just in case) and then tried the original command. When that did not work, I tried using sudo:

pi@raspberrypi:~/mmal $ sudo chmod +x motion
pi@raspberrypi:~/mmal $ ./motion -n -c motion-mmalcam.conf
./motion: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.53: cannot open s hared object file: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi:~/mmal $ sudo ./motion -n -c motion-mmalcam.conf
./motion: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.53: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Since nothing else worked, I gave up (for now! :weary:), so I uploaded it to community.mydevices.com and here I am now. Thank you for all your help!

P.S. Found a Raspberry Pi forum thread that may be of some help:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=44966&start=100

Hi Tichomir! Unfortunately this is the Cayenne support site so I’m suspecting you won’t find many answers posting here. Looks like you’ve got the right thread over on the raspberry pi forums, I would post your question there to get some better responses.