GPIO buttons Gray and don't change

When I go to apply my sensor to the GPIO map the buttons are gray and won’t change to IN/OUT etc. RPi2, PIR sensor attached to GPIO17.

Hi again,

This sounds like your Pi might be running the 4.9 Linux kernel, with which webiopi (a component of the Cayenne Pi agent software) is currently incompatible. Could you run the command uname -a to check your kernel version?

If it is showing 4.9, you can switch to the 4.4 kernel with just one command (and a reboot afterwards):
sudo rpi-update 52241088c1da59a359110d39c1875cda56496764

We have an update to the Pi agent in our QA now which should resolve this issue and allow Cayenne to work on both 4.4 and 4.9 in the near future.

If uname -a shows you are already running 4.4, let me know and I’ll continue to help troubleshoot.

That worked thanks for your help!

1 Like

@mediastore93

I just wanted to bump this thread to note that we’ve now updated our Pi agent to support the 4.9 kernel (it still supports 4.4 as well). The update was automatic in the background so there is nothing you need to do on your end. Feel free to use rpi-update to move forward to the 4.9 kernel at this point if you’d like!