Has Anyone Used the Arduino Web Editor?

How did you like it?

@adam @kreggly @tad.dvor @ebtenorio @Neoxelox @eptak @samarchri @spacefolder @laurencehr @vapor83 @rsiegel @shramik_salgaonkar

@bestes the 1st thing i was not able to add the additonal board url for esp8266, so dint go any further.:-1:

1 Like

Off Topic!

I do, but not in the way it was intended for :grin:
I use it as a scratch pad to type ideas while IĀ“m at work, etc. ItĀ“s great for that, as it ā€œcolor codesā€ the sketch. IMO itĀ“s better than just a notepad, or email.

Cheers!

1 Like

I used the Particle web IDE and was not a fan but Iā€™d be willing to give it a shot for my next sketch and Iā€™ll post back.

1 Like

Sometimes it is used, mainly at school or on foreign computers, and for backup of my codes.

Iā€™ll play with it some more in my day to day use to get a more informed opinion, but my initial impression is that itā€™s way easier to manage multiple sketch files with this (the desktop IDE is conspicuously missing a ā€˜Windowā€™ menu). That said I sort of prefer native desktop software for speed, so weā€™ll see how this grows on me.

I used it once, but I have not impressed! In my opinion, it is not fast and simple as the desktop IDE;)

1 Like

I remember that I heard about it some time ago, but wasnā€™t released yet hehehe, I will try definitely. Maybe is more like ā€˜codebenderā€™ (I really miss that web editor u.u)

My favourite combo for the moment isā€¦
Arduino IDE + Sublime Text as external editor.

Main screen for Sublime, secondary display with Arduino IDE + Serial Monitor
:sunglasses:

The same

1 Like

I did at one point. Seemed to work well enough for basic stuff.

1 Like

same as @ognqn.chikov

I have used it before but only a couple times. Seems to work good. I use it when iā€™m on someone elseā€™s computer. I mainly use PlatformIO because it has auto code formatting and completion which is handy.

I will try this. I havenā€™t used the Web editor yet.

Personally, I like to use a full featured IDE like the FREE Visual Studio Community 2017:

Then build your projects using the FREE Visual Micro integration:

http://www.visualmicro.com/

Takes a little more effort to setup, but worth it IMHO.

You can then install the GitHub extension, and get your Cayenne libraries directly from https://github.com/myDevicesIoT:

Cheers,

Craig