How can I remove the remote access module because I prefer to use RealVNC

In the last few days, my raspi 3 lost the RealVNC server without asking me, which I guess is related to the installation of cayenne. I have tried to install RealVNC server again for several times , and everytime I reboot raspi which is useful once. Next time I boot raspi , RealVNC server is uninstalled agian.
I want to use RealVNC server but not the remote access function in Cayenne, how can I make it?
Thank you all.

Hey @fyd217991, welcome to the Cayenne Community.

We’re aware of this issue with the current Pi Agent (where it keeps replacing RealVNC with TightVNC), and it’s going to be fixed in the next update to our agent. I can think of two options that could work for you until then:

A) If you’re comfortable running pre-release software, you can update to our latest test agent this way:

First get the test agent install script:
wget http://updates.mydevices.com/raspberry/rpi_testing.sh

If updating an existing installation, run:
sudo bash rpi_testing.sh -update

-or-

If this is a new install get the invite code from adding a new Raspberry Pi via the Cayenne Dashboard. The invite code is part of the install file name listed in the Terminal/SSH instructions: rpi_[invitecode].sh. Run the rpi_testing.sh script with this invite code:

sudo bash rpi_testing.sh -code [invite code]

This is probably the simplest answer for you, since it is just weeks from release and isn’t likely to be overly buggy or changed too much before we push it as an update.

B) Alternatively, you can connect your Pi using our Python MQTT Client as a ‘Bring your own Thing’ device instead of via the Raspberry Pi option. This client does not even offer the Remote Access feature, so you don’t have to worry about it overwriting what’s on your Pi. If you choose to go this route, I’d suggest to uninstall the traditional Pi agent first with these two commands:

sudo /etc/myDevices/uninstall/./uninstall.sh

then

sudo /etc/webiopi/uninstall/./uninstall.sh

If you have questions or concerns about either option, just let me know, I’d be happy to address them, and apologies for the trouble with the current Pi agent.

Thanks for your help, I uninstall Cayenne at last and I’m using RealVNC and WebIOPi now.
However, I badly wish you may solve the compatibility issues with VNC and Webiopi, and I’ll return then because Cayenne is also great.