How to set up a guest connection (share dashboard publicly)

Hi,

I would like some people to connect to mydevices without being able to chance things. Is it possible I could not find info about it.

Thanks in advance

Philippe

This was a request a while back and was confirmed to be on the roadmap. Currently not possible.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. maybe one day ā€¦

Philippe

@svt @ats1080s will be one day soon. We are referring to this feature as ā€˜publicly sharingā€™ your dashboard.

Moving this to Ideas / Suggestions category :slight_smile:

-B

Is possible to share the dashboard via any other third party app?

You could use a screen sharing/VNC type software to connect to a machine with the dashboard running if you wanted to access it remotely, and didnā€™t want to use our 1st party apps. But the level of permission would be the same unless you made it a view only session or restricted mouse/keyboard via that screen sharing software. We donā€™t have varying levels of account permissions in the Cayenne platform itself at this time.

Weā€™re not integrated with any 3rd party apps if thatā€™s what youā€™re asking. Let me know what youā€™re trying to accomplish and hopefully a I can brainstorm a more concrete solution for you.

I should add that if your use case is simply to have someone be able to monitor specific values, without editing the dashboard, you can accomplish that now with a series of alerts set up from Add New > Trigger. There you can create notifications that could be sent to any text message or email recipient when a sensor or value reaches a specified threshold.

This would allow you to alert a non trusted user to meaningful data on the Cayenne dashboard without giving them access to edit, until we get a more robust permissions system implemented.

+1 for this feature : allow acces and be able to control widget but not on the project.

And for this kind on account, I could be great to use social authentification.

Whatā€™s about oauth access ? May be itā€™s part of API feature ?
Today if I want to create a custom application and allow friends to use this app to control a device, I have to do all by my own !?

A public dashboard would be very nice. For checking or watching some information quickly. Also can watch other people, maybe the family, e.g. the temperature at home :slight_smile:

+1 for this feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 here for a sharable dashboard

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only been playing with this for a few hours and I think it is amazing. Really would need to give other people access to projects though. I really need to be able to let others see a dashboard.

I would really like this feature tooā€¦

Some sort of user possibility so others can acces your project but have a way to limit rights to watch / control / edit
Have setup an arduino unit to control light fixtures at home and watch temperatureā€¦ But donā€™t want my girlfriend to be able to edit the widgets just watch and controlā€¦

Also have a Arduino PLC (controllino) at work now to control the door, lights, AC/heatingā€¦ But i would like to have acces to both projects without log out / log in to another user all the timeā€¦ So it would be nice if you can share/grant acces to ā€œprojectsā€ with other usersā€¦ That way iā€™m in control of both projects And be able to add my girl to the House Project while put my colleage to the Work Project and he wonā€™t be able to see my houseā€¦

Can you share an estimated timeline / roadmap?

3 Likes

+1 for publicly sharing projects

1 Like

+1 for adding users and sharing dashboards. I would like my wife to be able to use the dashboard in a ā€œrestrictedā€ manner for only controlling items and not editing them.

Similar to ThingSpeak, wherein they have public and private view.

@vic.tagayun @walters @torntrousers @hallerhoek @aduffy @elentz @tooony @idumaire @ellappan.ei08 @svt @adam

Hello everyone!

Thank you for voicing the need for this featureā€¦it helps me gauge what is important to community. I am very excited to let you know that this is slated for our next release, ~ June 5th. Here is a sneak peak of this feature too.

2 Likes

Hi,

any news about this feature?

Thanks

Francesco

Hi @francesco_talotta,

Yes. We pushed this feature out and then had to remove it due to a bug. We are working to fix and get it back out to everyone! Will be very soon :slight_smile: Hang in there.

-B

1 Like

+100 for that feature. On the tow was a nice post with acess options description! Adjustable acess shared link would be great!
Instrument itself is great. Many thanks!

1 Like