How to set up a guest connection (share dashboard publicly)

Bello everybody! I am new to the site and are amazed with Cayenne.
What is the current status of share desktop publicly? Thank you forma updating.

the sharing feature is working fine now. you can use it to share your dashboard.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply.
Could you indicate where is the information to use it?
I can´t find the sharing feature.

first create a separate project by clicking on “+”. add the widgets from the different device into this project dashbaord. then click on sharing option and share the link.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have just joined to this great community. After successfully setting up my device the first question was how to provide limited access to my family members for using the predefined controls only. Shared projects works fine, however is there similar option for android devices?
The url of shared project does not really work on the phone as it does not show the dashboard but offers downloading the app from Google play store. The browser can be set to fullscreen mode where the dashboard can be seen, but this is not a really convenient way of operation.

try this Read Only Dashboard? - #10 by SuperNinja

Thanks for your response. The other topic also suggest the workaround I mentioned. Open the side menu of the browser and click on “request desktop site”.
On one hand this is very inconvenient if the user has to do some more clicks to open the gate door, on the other hand the desktop version font size very small and unreadable on mobile screen.

So far the sharing of the link seems to work quite fine.

Is there even the possibility to use the shared link and add it ta another account, so that the user which uses the share even gets alerts with the official app.
And an app is always a little nicer to use than a web page.

Hello Everyone,

Has there been an update to fix the dashboard sharing on mobile yet? I tried it on my iPhone but I cant get it to show the dashboard. I tried the request desktop version method too but nothing. I keep getting the download buttons.

Edit:
Has anyone tried to use the shared link on a pi with a screen attached to it? I mean the screens that connect straight to the pins, the small ones.

E.

no update on it, i will inform the team about it, you can try desktop version on a android mobile and it should work.

not tried, but you can give it a try.
p.s: are you referring to desktop or 3’’ to 7’’ tft display?

no update on it, i will inform the team about it, you can try desktop version on a android mobile and it should work.

I only have an iPhone atm and the deskstop mode didnt work.

not tried, but you can give it a try.
p.s: are you referring to desktop or 3’’ to 7’’ tft display?

Yes those small tft displays. I dont have any on hand. Its for a big project I want to start on a house im moving in to. Want to make a home automation system but need dashboards to work on small screens which would be around the house which would be used to run different parts of the house.

I don’t think the Pi browser is fully compatible but if I remember tonight I can try it out. I have one on my 3d printer pi.

I don’t think the Pi browser is fully compatible but if I remember tonight I can try it out. I have one on my 3d printer pi.

That would be great. I would be able to start planning what each screen would have and where to place them. Thanks.

Just to double check, you’re talking about official Pi touchscreen, like this one?

Yes those, or the adafruit ones.

Here are some pics I took (sorry, too lazy to screen shot). As you can see it looks OKish in full screen mode but standard mode looks pretty bad. Want to see anything else?

@adam can you try one more thing. Create a project and open the shared link in full screen mode in new tab. this will be even better.

Sure, I’ll give it a try tonight.

1 Like

@gwazi9 here are some pics of a shared dashboard

1 Like

thanks @adam, @gwazi9 is this what you want?