I have no readout on my ds18b20 I have the correct slave address

Im have major issues with my ds18b20 sensor. I had everything setup with triggers awhile ago and everything is messed up

can you post what error you are getting.

shramiksalgaonkar
Regular

February 20

can you post what error you are getting.

follow the steps from here Converting Cayenne Arduino LIbrary sketches to Cayenne MQTT Arduino and update your mobile app.

Even though I’m using a raspberry pi?

sorry, @jcruz1 can help you out with this.

Thanks

Hi @scottlandfarm,
Sorry for the delays.
Are you seeing the same errors while logging on through a desktop?
If possible, can you PM me your login, so we can take a look from our side?

Thanks.
-Jesse

Hi @scottlandfarm,

I tried to duplicate the issue on our side but unable to. I setup a RPi with a DS18B20 sensor and was working as expected.
Make sure you have everything connected properly. You can use this as a reference: https://mydevices.com/cayenne/docs_stage/supported-hardware/#supported-hardware-sensors-temperature-ds18b20

If everything is connected correctly, the widget should pop up on its own. No need to manually add it.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks.
-Jesse

My login info is sxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com and the password is xxxxxxxxxx

Hi @scottlandfarm,
As I mentioned in my previous post, for this specific sensor, you do not manually add it. If the RPi detects the sensor on the 1-wire pin (Physical pin 7 - see below), & you have everything wired in correctly, the RPi will automatically send the sensor data to the dashboard. The widget will pop up on its own.

Can you give us a picture and description on how you have it wired up?

Thanks.
-Jesse

jcruz

February 22

Hi @scottlandfarm,

As I mentioned in my previous post, for this specific sensor, you do not manually add it. If the RPi detects the sensor on the 1-wire pin (Physical pin 7 - see below), & you have everything wired in correctly, the RPi will automatically send the sensor data to the dashboard. The widget will pop up on its own.

Thanks.

-Jesse

jcruz

February 22

Hi @scottlandfarm,

Thanks.

-Jesse

Hey @scottlandfarm sorry for digging up an old thread, but were you able to get this working or do you still need some help with it?

Yes, I reinstalled raspbian. Thank you