Installation Issues on Raspberry Pi 3

Dear Community
When I install cayenne on my Pi3 it hangs up on the final part Driver installations. Please can anyone advise. Is cayenne compatible with Pi 3 on Jessie.
Simon

1 Like

Hi @swoodhead,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! Can you check out this post? It was created to help with troubleshooting issues during Cayenne installation.

Keep us updated with your progress.

-B

2 Likes

@swoodhead

Welcome to the Cayenne Community!

I had a similar problem the other day loading Cayenne onto a RPi 3b.

I had a freshly imaged 8GB SD with Jessie full version 2016-05-27-raspbian-jessie.img.
Set all the localisation and WiFi stuff and ran the Cayenne install via ssh. It hung on the first pass, I rebooted and re-ran the sudo bash rpi_xxxxxxxxxx.sh -v (every file name is different, so the xā€™s will be replaced by letters/numbers on your system) command and the installation finished with out trouble.

I think Iā€™ll see if I can reproduce this behaviorā€¦

Again, welcome,

Ian

2 Likes

Dang it!

@bestes beat me again!

Isnā€™t it your day off?

1 Like

Haha. You mean, not everyone drinks their morning coffee and visits the Cayenne forum?

1 Like

That is exactly what Iā€™m doing, and I have to be at work in 50 minutes.

Good morning Benny!

2 Likes

Thank you Ian My Pi is now online so I guess next step is to find a sensor
to test out the installation on the Pi Simon

Simon Woodhead Sent from my iPhone

1 Like

Great to hear Simon. Something as simple as a LED and resistor hooked to a gpio can be great fun for an afternoon.

Turn it on.
Turn it off.
Turn it onā€¦

Keep us appraised.

Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian I think I may still have a problem. I can see the dashboard from my
iPhone and iPad, but there is no dashboard on the Pi. Is this correct
Regards

Simon Woodhead UK

1 Like

Do you mean on the Pi you go to the dashboard and nothing comes up? If so the browser on the Pi ironically is not currently supported.

1 Like

OK thank you,so access to the dashboard is via the app and iPhone. I miss
understood the instructions Regards

Simon Woodhead

1 Like

You can log in to the dashboard from a computer with Firefox or Chrome, just not with the Pi itself.

1 Like

Heads up @swoodhead, Iā€™m going to move this topic to the ā€˜Helpedā€™ category, and out of the ā€˜Bugs / Issuesā€™ categoryā€¦helps organize the forum. Hope you donā€™t mind!

-B