Installing on OSMC

Hello,
I have done all steps to install Cayenne on RPI 2B, using Android application, and everything seems to be done right - all steps with no errors. Then I see a info on that application, that it waits to rebooting RPI. The RPI reboots indeed, but the application is still waiting, with the same info: waiting for robot…
Is there any way to install it? Where is any docs showing parameters needed by Cayenne?
The strange things is that I know about Cayenne from a subscription mail from OSMC with Cayenne advertising :-&

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)

What Model Pi?

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!

I was installing using command line now (not by the Android app), I attache the screen - similar, rebooting RPI after all steps and nothing else happend…
Something make me terrified - the script I run from putty is comunicating with the browser (as you see on the screen)…well, I wonder how they do it, how do they know to get to my specified Tab in browser…magic :-/

install_log.txt (29.6 KB)

What OS are you running?

As described - OSMC :slight_smile: https://osmc.tv This is media center, but has full Debian under the skin (not cut version of OS like OpelELEC has). I have installed many advanced aplications on that OSMC (OwnCloud, GetSync, MySQL, Appache etc) and evryone works perfect.
I hope Cayenne could also work on OSMC :slight_smile:

Only Rasbian Jessie Full is currently supported, so it may not work. It looks like from the logs you are missing the Python 2 dev headers, you can try to install those and run the setup script again to see if that makes it work. sudo apt-get install python-dev

After install python-dev I got this error

Tue May 31 23:46:21 CEST 2016 Installing myDevices agent
Tue May 31 23:47:33 CEST 2016 Found Python 3.4.2…
(50%)
Tue May 31 23:47:33 CEST 2016 Copying agent libraries
(55%)
Tue May 31 23:47:36 CEST 2016 Installing python utils
(60%)
Tue May 31 23:47:58 CEST 2016 Installing software components
Tue May 31 23:48:04 CEST 2016 Cannot install for Python 3.4.2 : missing development headers\n
Tue May 31 23:48:04 CEST 2016 Finished agent code
Tue May 31 23:48:04 CEST 2016 ERROR: myDevices cannot be installed - please check errors above

btw OSMC is running on Debian Jessie

Lets get the python 3 dev headers as well sudo apt-get install python3-dev

Hello again,
Installed Python2 and 3, then errors, so ‘apt-get -f install’ to resolve dependiences errors, that again Python2 and 3 - successfuly, with no errors, that again instalation of Cayenne (wget https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_huzl7qkodw.sh
and sudo bash rpi_huzl7qkodw.sh -v) and the result is like on the screen - RPI rebooted indeed, but… nothing else happend, the www site non stop shows “rebooting Pi”… Watchin that errors on Putty I can see that there is still problem with building for Python (why?).
p.s.
After all that installation of Cayenne using Android app in not possible now - it says that ssh user / password are problem (but no one of the has been changed).

Hi there,
I repair packages, install python3-dev and run initializing bash script.
After restart RPi nothing happened because service is failed to start. I must install python-psutil for correct start of service but now I have new error from debug :slight_smile:

2016-06-02 00:00:04 - myDevices - INFO - Loaded machine id: V03-########-####-####-####-####-####
2016-06-02 00:00:05 - myDevices - INFO - Excuting regular download test for network speed
2016-06-02 00:00:05 - myDevices - ERROR - SendMessage:HTTP Error 404: Not Found
2016-06-02 00:00:03 - myDevices - INFO - Connecting to: cloud.mydevices.com:8181
2016-06-02 00:00:04 - myDevices - INFO - Loaded machine id: V03-########-####-####-####-####-####
2016-06-02 00:00:05 - myDevices - INFO - Excuting regular download test for network speed
2016-06-02 00:00:05 - myDevices - ERROR - SendMessage:HTTP Error 404: Not Found
2016-06-02 00:00:05 - myDevices - INFO - Daemon failure handlingNone

and here is cat from Network.ini

[CONFIG]
SARSServer=reg.mydevices.com
ServerAddress=cloud.mydevices.com
RemoteDesktopServerAddress=rds.vcom.com
ServerPort=8181

1 Like

The config should be good. Do you have an internet connection? Is port 8181 being blocked by a firewall?

Hey guys, @ats1080s @dimmuboy @abram @abramq ,

I moved to the ‘need help with my project’ category. Hope that’s okay. As @ats1080s mentioned, we only officially support Jessie full at this time.

If there is work around for OSMC then we can post it here for everyone to see :slight_smile:

-B

Yes I have connection to inet so probably it is problem with my firewall. I tried to factory reset OpenWRT on my router but no luck for now.

They was probably asking about firewall into OSMC? A I know OSMC has its own firewall and it probably blocks all (correct me if i’m wrong).

I don’t know anything about OSMC, but if it is a local firewall you can add a rule to open port 8181 using “iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8181 -j ACCEPT”

Do you see any errors in the logs using “tail -f /var/log/myDevices.log”?

in order to make it work on mine, I had to install:
python3
python3-pip
python3-dev
python3-psutil
python
python-pip
python-dev
python-psutil

C.

1 Like