Installing stops at agent (Fix Edit: need to expand file system)

On my fresh raspberry 3 I have the same Problem.
The Installation hung from ios and from Shell.
IS it not possible to use Cayenne with a Pi-3?

We have not had the opportunity to officially test Cayenne on a Pi3. (Arriving soon to test). I have heard from the community that the Pi3 works after doing:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

The only issues we’ve seen when an install stops when installing from the iOS app is when the file system has not been expanded, Jessie Lite is being used, or there are network constraints that would restrict the Pi from accessing cayenne.mydevices.com. Do any of these apply to you?

-B

Thanks buddy I’ve fix the problem first time I expanded the file system using terminal which it didn’t worked correctly maybe I didn’t do it as what supposed, second time I’ve used raspberry pi configuration it’s worked.

Awesome! In future, we will be automatically expanding the file system for you too.

-B

Hi I’m having the hang on install at Agent. I’m using a Pi3 NOOBS. The iOS app keeps crashing so I tried the web. Copied and pasted commands into the terminal using ssh.

@gregp228

Greg, welcome to the group!

… and did it work?

If not, did you expand the file system?

Either via the command prompt at -

sudo raspi-config

… or via the Rasbian desktop

If you have done this, than we have exhausted my expertise and may need to consult with a higher authority- Benny! @bestes

Ian

1 Like

Yes I tried that but it says that it is already expanded. I am also having trouble with the iOs app crashing everytime I try to set up an older Pi2.

Ok, so it must be the Pi3. When I shut it down I was able to set up my other older Pi’s just fine. When it is on my network the app crashes and the web setup stalls.

Hey Greg,

Unfortuntately, we’re still waiting for our Pi3’s to come, so we haven’t yet had a chance to fully test a Pi3. So just to clarify, it’s only the Pi3 that you have been having trouble with?

-B

Yes the Pi2 is working fine.

Greg

Okay, I know the Pi3 has worked with Cayenne. I think he had to run

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and then Cayenne worked on the Pi3. This is high priority for the Cayenne team to support the Pi3.

Moving this topic to the ‘helped’ category.

Cool Beans!

I need to upgrade my Pis from the original single cores - Newark let me buy a dozen of them :stuck_out_tongue:

Might as well jump right to the Pi 3s!!

Cheers,

Craig

I have a similar problem wherein after downloading all the files, it stops at:
Set -x
exec
(0%)

I am using Jessie lite in a proxy network in an institution through ethernet and ssh. I have set proxy wherever it is necessary (like system, wget, environment). I tried expanding the file system(16gbsd card), but no change.
Can anybody help…?

Hi. I’ve got the same problem on Pri3. I have no option to “expand” filesystem, because I’m running from usb stick and expansion tool says it works only for sd card. I have Jessi. I’have made “sudo apt-get update…”. Anyway it hangs after

./myDevices-1.0/3rd_party/suds-jurko-0.6.tar.gz

• set -x
  • exec
    (0%)
    Thu 17 Aug 05:03:42 UTC 2017 Installing myDevices agent