Keep Dashboard Displayed Without Logging In Again

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Jessie

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

8gb class 4

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

Pi2

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to keep the dashboard displayed using a web browser? I would like to have my dashboard constantly displayed as a home status wall monitor.

However when I return to the room after an extended time, I find the Cayenne login screen asking me to click to log in again.

1 Like

We’ll let you configure your timeout preference. In your situation, could be a ‘never’ option. So yes this is coming!

1 Like

Great! Thanks! I search for previous threads regarding this subject and did not find the one you referenced.

I would think the ability to continuously display the dashboard would be an important feature.

Absolutely agree, With all the different home automation involved with Iot , its a huge help to keep the screen alive to see the status of what on and off etc…glad its on the cards…

Another yes vote from me on this one! Not a huge pain yet, but with the project based dashboards now available i’m wanting to put a status board together and have it running 24/7. needing to click to login just adds one more step. the timeout option with a “Never” option would be perfect!

2 Likes

I know this is a very old topic but is there yet an option?
Can’t find any configuration step to disable auto logout.
I have a monitor with 24/7 all my data visible but after 30 minutes I must login again and again and again…

you can create a project, add the raspberry pi device to it and get the share link. Use the share link to open a dashboard in a new tab.

Ok, I don’t realy know what you mean by that.
I did what you told but of course with the same result.
What has my RPI to do with my problem loging in over and over again?

Please shramik_salgaonkar , can you explain your solution for me.

can you share the project link that you created, so that i can test it out.

You have a PM @shramik_salgaonkar

Ill did send you a PM 2 weeks ago but no respons yet.