Limited screen space-limited functionality

Thank you in advance for taking the time to let us know about your Ideas. We truly value your input and discuss each Suggestion as a team. It would be most helpful if you could include a use case for your Idea (how it will solve a problem, or add to the usefulness of Cayenne as a proto-typing solution). Thanks!

The phone apps must use a smaller screen space. A good idea may be to limit the functionality of phone apps. Monitoring and adjusting controls but no editing of the setup , including addition of components.

Hi Jim,

I’m not sure what you mean here, can you elaborate?

This is a planned enhancement, where permissions can be set for users to access your dashboard. The use case here is if you have home monitoring and would like to give a friend or spouse access to your Cayenne dashboard. …I think this is what you are talking about but let me know if I misunderstood.

Thanks!

-B

You addressed the issue in another suggestion of mine.

The thinking was the limited screen space means giving a phone app all the functionality of the webpage would be difficult and make usage difficulrlt or uncomfortable.

My contribution was: limit phone app usage to use of the setup system of devices and reserve the system device setup editing for the webpage and tablet apps.