Max31850 1wire

Hello, are there any plans to add support for the Max31850 1wire high temp amplifier so it would be just a simple add sensor in the dashboard?

Are you refering to raspbery pi agent 2.0?

Yes.

currently for agent2.0 we dont have plan to add MAX31850. You can try to add it using GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API

Do you currently have any code? I can help/test if needed but I don’t have time to come up with something from scratch right now.

Hello, I will need to look around some more. I found this on Github danjperron/BitBangingDS18B20. It says now works with Max31850. The Max31850 must be very similar to the DS18B20 but must have a different address on the one wire. This would be an awesome addition to Cayenne for all the applications that need to monitor temps much higher that what DS18B20 can handle.

Thanks.

1 Like

have you got your MAX31850 working with pi with that code?

I plan on working with it this weekend.

@adbrig4 any news?

@adam do you have a MAX31850 . can you give it a try and get it connected to cayenne.

I forget the model number, but the 2 use the same library if I remember correctly. I’ll give it a go this weekend if I have some time.

Thanks @adam. :slightly_smiling_face: