Missing CayenneMQTTESP8266.h

What is the error message you are seeing? Are you selecting the PLDuino/Mega2560 board as your target, not Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560?

Looking a little further into the PLDuino, according to this post it sounds like there aren’t built in libraries for connecting to the network? Or have you been able to get a simple example sketch to connect to the Internet?

It sounds like it’d need the Arduino side to talk with the ESP side to use WiFi? Unfortunately that wouldn’t work with the CayenneMQTTESP8266Shield code if the ESP portion of the PLDuino uses NodeMCU. Currently the CayenneMQTTESP8266Shield only supports AT commands not Lua that NodeMCU firmware uses.

Maybe there would be a way to get it to work using CayenneMQTTWiFi.h and handling the WiFi connection outside of Cayenne, but I’m not sure.

Your code looks ok and cclean setup you have done, disable UAC or run Arduino IDE in elevated mode.

I am having the EXACT same issue. I’ve been all over a bunch of threads and nobody seems to have any resolution. The Arduino IDE refuses to acknowledge that the file is present and available. Seriously frustrated. Can anyone shed some light on this?!

Can you post your sketch? Have you installed the CayenneMQTT library, not the Cayenne one? What version of the library are you using? Do you see the file under C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CayenneMQTT\src?

Surprisingly I did find the PLduino mega board, I had used the plain mega board before and it worked well, I uploaded the AT command set to the esp-02, NodeMCU was beyond me. @kreggly had helped get this sketch going and it worked flawlessly up until MQTT pooped on me.

I know I spent hours finding .H files for an esp32 Heltec and some files mentioned libraries that weren’t even used anymore so I edited the files to comment that out and solved that problem. Seems I’m stuck between CayenneMQTTESP8266Shield.H and CayenneMQTTESP8266.H so far. Both give different errors. I will post those here shortly.

Thanks

Here’s the latest error,

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: “PLDuino/Mega2560”

WARNING: Category ‘Graphics’ in library PLDTouch is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘General’ in library PLDuino-Library is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘Graphics’ in library PLDuinoGUI is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
In file included from C:\Users\Pancho\Documents\Arduino\sketchbook\plduino_A3_smooth_MQTT\plduino_A3_smooth_MQTT.ino:7:0:

C:\Users\Pancho\Documents\Arduino\sketchbook\libraries\CayenneMQTT\src/CayenneMQTTESP8266.h:25:25: fatal error: ESP8266WiFi.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Multiple libraries were found for “CayenneMQTTESP8266.h”
Used: C:\Users\Pancho\Documents\Arduino\sketchbook\libraries\CayenneMQTT
Not used: C:\Users\Pancho\Documents\Arduino\sketchbook\libraries\Cayenne-MQTT-ESP8266-master
Not used: C:\Users\Pancho\Documents\Arduino\sketchbook\libraries\Cayenne-MQTT-ESP8266-master
exit status 1
Error compiling for board PLDuino/Mega2560.

Did you install the esp8266 board package from the board manager? Is that the same error you get when targeting Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560? What error do you get with CayenneMQTTESP8266Shield.h? When it worked previously were you using the ESP8266Shield header or the standalone version?

I will paste the old sketch before MQTT later.

Sorry guys. I’ve been busy with the day job lately, lol.

I see that Blynk functionality is no longer supported so I need to get the MQTT stuff working with the PLCDuino.

Maybe this week if the teenager will let me use my computer :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,

Craig

1 Like

@wmontg5988,

I would delete all previous versions of the Cayenne libs from your library folder, and install the new one that supports ESP shields.

Then recompile and let us know what you see.

Cheers,

Craig

2 Likes