myDevices.pid cpu usage very high

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)
IOS 9.3.1, Chrome 49.0.2623.112

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)
Wheezy

What Model Pi?
Pi 2

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!

Hi,
I am enjoying your service and look forward to seeing it grow into a more mature product. In particular I look forward to it supporting more sensors such as DHT11/22 sensors.

In the meantime I’m noticing that the cpu usage to support the agent seems very high. Sometimes >50%. I’m attaching a screenshot that shows 4 instances running with a cumulative cpu consumption of almost 60%.

What’s your agent version? …go to ‘Configure’ in blue ribbon at top.

-B

Agent Version 1.0.0.19003

Okay, that’s most updated version.

We recently stopped ‘officially’ supporting Wheezy. Since Raspberry Pi stopped supporting it as well. My thinking is that the CPU will be managed more efficiently if you use Jessie OS on the Pi. If it’s not too much trouble, you can switch to Jessie and confirm that does not occur anymore?

-B

@brucecalder

Just to clarify,
If you do upgrade, be sure to use the full version of Raspbian Jessie, NOT the Lite version.

Ian

1 Like

Understood, however, I’m not a Linux guru so if there’s a way to upgrade the OS without reinstalling it then I’ll try that but I have a lot of things customized on the current image and don’t really want to have to reinstall everything.
Bruster

I completely forgot about the RasPi 3 I just purchased. It has Jesse running on it. I set Cayenne on it but the cpu still looks a little high for just an agent running in the background.

Hey Bruster,

Looked at multiple Pi’s over here to compare against your Pi 3. This appears to be the norm…fluctuating between maybe 14% and 33%. We may be able to do some clean-up, but it would be low priority compared to other issues we’re fixing. Unless of course CPU ramps up and does not go back down. I guess let us know if this happens?

-B

I’m sure you guys will refine things in time. Thanks for taking a look.
Bruster

No problem. Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

-B