New feature for Triggers

In addition to increase the “power of triggers” inside the Cayenne app, I was wondering if it is feasible to add a functionality to read out data from an online outlook email account (www.outlook.com).

More specific:
For my home automation project, my wife and I using a shared MS outlook calender.
If we are having an appointment outside our home, the appointment in outlook carries the status “out of office”. Based on that information, this status triggers my own built security system to set to active.
It can be even used to control your central heating system in your home.
“busy, free, tentative, and out of office” are currently the implemented states in MS outlook calender.
Would be fantastic in relation with the “geo-fencing” idea:

Further more:
If we have scheduled a visit from friends at our home, this appointment carries the status “busy” in our shared MS outlook calender. It would be create in relation to underneath topic (dusk/dawn) to implement the possibility to create “light mood” features (garden lights on, front door lights on, parking lights on, etc.).

And even further more:
As we are talking about “light mood”, it could take us a step further if there would be a possibility to setup different light moods and give them a specific name. For example at a certain moment you go with your invited friends from the dining room towards the living room, by clicking on “living room” as a light mood (whether or not controlled by the dusk feature), certain lights will be off, other will be switched on, or even be dimmed to a certain dim level.

1 Like