Orange Pi Zero?

I am looking for a cheaper alternative to the Raspberry Pi suitable for a small grow closet, with a timer, pump and fan control, and environmental monitoring. I would like to be able to use Cayenne or something similar. Will Orange Pi Zero do the job?

I think an Arduino would be a better solution for you if you are looking to save money. I know that the Orange Pi Zero is definitely not supported at the moment.

You can use Arduino UNO and ethernet shield, or the magic Arduino MKR1000!

I know @stekov managed to get the Cayenne Pi agent running on an Orange Pi with what sounded like minimal errors (some of the default Pi widgets like CPU% not working), so tagging them here in case they have more info. Adam is correct that it’s not officially supported, but couldn’t hurt to throw Raspbian Jessie on an SD card and give it a shot! :slight_smile:

I’m currently doing the same project using a LiLon NodeMCU module. Working great so far. I have the relays done and working on the DHT 22 sensor next.

Can you please contact me at mrmitee@hotmail.com or alternatively send me your contact information via PM?

Hi, just wondering if GPIO etc is now working on the Orange Pi Zero, seems like the perfect board for my needs.

not yet. but you can add a device using BRing your own thing