Photo and Video stream from cayenne dashboard

Dear Team, I saw a post in 2016 regarding same query but did not find solution to use camera with Cayenne . Could you please help me with using USB Camera with Pi 3 or Camera Module with Pi 3 and control it using Cayenne.

you can try something like this Take picture when motion with Pi 3 and Agent 2.0 CayenneMQTTClient() and notify by email - how to trigger a script on Pi 3

I will try it out and confirm if it worked for me. Please confirm, if below camera module will work for it or not. Thank you

Yes it will work. here is a tutorial for getting started https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/getting-started-with-picamera

I tried it and was able to capture picture and send notification to user via email. I did not understand the use of ButtonS and Quit , do you have the content of those 2 widgets ? .

Captured photos and videos were able to view only from Pi. I went through couple of forums on syncing the captured data to google drive / drop box or other cloud storage.

Is it possible to view the captured photos and videos directly from cayenne dashboard ? Or what is the best way to view the photos apart from Pi ?

button 4 is used for testing and quit is used to exit the script running.

i have a project similer to what you trying to do but it sends an image attached to an email. i will post in another 2-3 days.

That’s great !, that is exactly what am looking for. Will be waiting …

As per this link Take picture when motion with Pi 3 and Agent 2.0 CayenneMQTTClient() and notify by email - how to trigger a script on Pi 3 , I tried to create button to start the script but did not work. Could you confirm what is the content of ButtonS and Quit widgets.

I have attached my Buttons, please confirm what changes has to be made to work it.

Code Location - /home/pi/start.py
image|690x488

you need to add a new device using Bring your thing and GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API. Next, add the code from the project link and do the neccessary changes.

Any update on sending email notification along with picture attachment ?

@shramik_salgaonkar , do I have any update please ?

Check the project section in community.

Could you please share me the link . I checked in project section but did not get it specifically for sending attachment as part of notification.

@girishpatil795 Smart Lock and Doorbell using cayenne

Thank you :slight_smile: … Will try and update .