Problem with install Cayene on Raspberry Pi2

I get this message when remove my Cayene and trying to install again.

I installed on my PI : wget https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_xxxxx.sh
sudo bash rpi_xxxxx.sh -v
ERROR: The certificate of cayenne.mydevices.com’ is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate ofcayenne.mydevices.com’ hasn’t got a known issuer.

I search similar mistakes in topics:

1. wget --no-check-certificate https://cayenne.mydevices.com/dl/rpi_yyyyyy.sh - :frowning:
  2. Date : 27/06/2017

Regards,
Oleg

I have never seen this message! :frowning:

Hi Oleg,

I edited out the invite codes as they are private to your account. Did running the wget command with --no-check-certificate allow you to work around this?

Other options to try would be:

1. Verify that your Pi system clock is set correctly
  2. Try sudo apt-get install ssl-cert before running the wget command again.

Thank you. But not work.

Add

Current default time zone: ‘Europe/Kiev’
Local time is now: Tue Jun 27 18:41:28 EEST 2017.
Universal Time is now: Tue Jun 27 15:41:28 UTC 2017.

Hi, rsiegel.
Yes, i did. I did running the wget command with --no-check-certificate

Hi, there.
I need help.
My Cayene not work 3 days…

Hi again @bosstax,

Thanks for your patience while I tested a solution. I see from the screenshots that your issue was not with the initial wget but with the one inside the Cayenne install script.

You should have a folder left over from the failed install with the name myDevices-1.0. In that folder, there is a file named setup.sh. Please replace it with this version that I’ve made for you: Dropbox - setup.sh - Simplify your life

Once the file is replaced, restart the installation with the command sudo ./setup.sh -code InviteCode -v where InviteCode is replaced by the characters after the rpi_ part of the installer that you downloaded. So, for example, if your installer was rpi_abcd1234.sh, you would replace InviteCode with abcd1234.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble, I suspect this solution will work OK for you.

Thank you for reply !
In my PI have not folder myDevices-1.0. Here is myDevices-1.0.tar.gz. Do this unpack ?

Yes, I had assumed the install got farther along in your case than it actually did.

Yes, you can unpack it with tar -xzf myDevices-1.0.tar.gz then it will create a myDevices-1.0 folder where you can use my previous steps.

Can not unpack and create folder:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ tar -xzf myDevices-1.0.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Best regards,
Oleg

It looks like the myDevices-1.0.tar.gz file you have is corrupt/failed to download. I can see that it has 0 bytes there, which isn’t right.

I placed it in my Dropbox, try to download it from this link, then unpack and try the steps I’d outlined above. Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

Hi, rsiegel! And thank you !

1. I downloded new myDev-1.0 .tar.gz with this link - OK.
  2. Unpack sucsesfull - OK.
  3. Download and Replace file setup.sh (Dropbox - setup.sh - Simplify your life) in folder myDev-1.0 - OK.

But, :frowning:

You’ll need to be inside the myDevices-1.0 folder for it to find setup.sh – it doesn’t look like you are in that screenshot.

Try running cd myDevices-1.0 to change folders and then running your command again.

Thanks. Could you run ls in that folder? it looks like the setup.sh file I shared on Dropbox might not be in the myDevices-1.0 folder. If it is not, try copying it there and trying again.

I copy setup.sh WIN SCP

Looks like the file is there now, try running the original setup command again.

I think I see now, perhaps the file is not marked as executable.

Try:

chmod +x setup.sh

then try running the command again. I think this time it will see it.

1 Like