I’m looking into this platform to creat a monitoring solution for a Chicken Coop. There are several requirements, some should be easily supported already and others will require some thought.
- open/close the coop door based on sunlight and schedule and occupancy
- open the door in the morning - requires a motor to lift a 2-3lb door.
- light sensor for daylight and also a schedule to prevent closing the door too early on cloudy days or opening should a headlight our flashlight hit the sensor after hours.
- occupancy sensor, make sure all the hens are in the coop. This is the tough one as it means each hand needs a sensor on there leg.
- temperature - high/low temp in the coop. Potentially setup a trigger to turn on a water heater to avoid freezing their drinking water and/or a heat lamp in the coop and/or a vent fan to cool the room.
- sensor to detect activity in the nesting boxes, ideally which hen is in which box at what times.
- occupancy - coming and going from the coop - just more fun data which may help understand individual behaviors.
- video streaming - multiple cameras inside/outside the coop to check on the birds.
- security monitor - motion detection outside the coop to be alerted to unwanted predators. Tied to a trigger for either lighting or potentially a water sprinkler.
Lots of sensors, triggers, actuators, etc…
Any experts that can differentiate what is supported today vs new features and which sensors/actuators would be useful?