Raspberry Pi Agent 2.0

aw…for those… don’t upgrade yet… if you need these services:

Extensions, Analog and PWM sensors/actuators are not available
Remote desktop is not available
Scheduler is not available
Data History for system sensors (CPU/RAM/Storage) is not available
Mobile application (Android and iOS) don’t support RPi Agent 2.0

@tiendle all this will be available on next release.

I wanted to start my program on boot, so I added one line at the end of .bashrc

python3 /home/pi/Ex-06-CayenneClient.py
But then it failed because there is no output port, so I added one more line.
lxterminal above the last line.
Then it went berserk and opened up hundreds of terminals. What to do?

Problem solved:
lxterminal -e python3 /home/pi/Ex-06-CayenneClient.py

With this line at the end of .bashrc it starts on boot.

@svein.utne the raspberry agent starts on boot everytime, you dont need to do anything.

I think I do.
If I have the dashboard up on the PC, the PI is shown as offline until I run the python3 file.
To be absolutly correct, it does not start at boot. I need to login by Vnc, and when I push the terminal Icon, then it runs the file and then the dasboard comes alive.

okay, sorry, you are using MQTT python, so have a look at this approach by @adam DHT11/DHT22 with Raspberry Pi

When will the limitations work again?

Cannot give an ETA, but the team is working on it and will be out soon.

Hi team, I hope you are very well, about this issue, do you have any update about the limitations ?

Thanks in advance, have a great week.

hi @israelmx, team is working on the limitations, cant give an ETA .

Mi proyecto esta parado ya que controlo un acuario y el programador es vital, es una lastima tener que buscar una alternativa a Cayenne.

Hi @juan_krlos653, what specific limitation is keeping you from continuing your project?

el no poder programar el encendido y apagado de los reles a unas horas determinadas

@juan_krlos653 can you provide more details about it. which sensor you are using and screenshot of the dashboard? and what problem you are facing with the relay?

@shramiksalgaonkar I think it is talking about the our scheduling feature, which is limited in Cayenne with the new agent. Is there a way he can get it working with a sketch?

@juan_krlos653 yes, we are working on bringing these features back. However, they take some time, there is many more things we are bringing to the platform.

if using arduino, sure we can work out something but on agent i dont think so. he has to wait for the update.

Adjunto una foto del problema y de parte del cuadro que uso

@juan_krlos653 scheduling is currently not supported on agent 2.0. have a look at this Raspberry Pi Agent 2.0. which agent version are you using?

Actualice a la ultima versión hace unos dias, es cuando he tenido los problemas.
se puede volver a la versión anterior hasta que se solucione el problema?

how did you get that box for event. i get a different kind. i dont have the option for turn ON, only reboot and shutdown