Release Notes March 23, 2017
Web Dashboard Update
Today’s update includes a ton of bug fixes and improvements, with an focus on GPS/Asset Tracking and Project Views.
- Projects view is back! You should be able to see your old projects on all platforms as well as save and manipulate new projects once again.
- Triggers and Alerts are now accessible from within the Projects view
- Improved display of data history when dragging device into project tracking tabs
- Project Tracking tab and Overview tabs are now independent, so you can track many devices without cluttering the overview screen with each of them.
- Trigger creation page now has Save/Cancel buttons when accessed from within Project view
- Fixed a bug where dulplicate devices could be added to a project view
- Arduino devices added via iOS app now show specific name ("Uno", "Mega"), not just "Arduino".
- Pending Arduinos can now be removed through iOS app
- Fixed an issue where LoRa widgets could show stale data on browser refresh
- Non-GPS LoRa devices now get a map widget in projects view
- Fixed several bugs relating to LoRa widgets not displaying correctly
- Improved first experience when adding LoRa devices with GPS to Cayenne accounts
- Devices can now be removed from tracking tab with settings option
- Added spinner to tracking tab so there is a visual indication of data load time
- Improved behavior when user drags an already-existing device onto tracking tab.
- Improved display of tracking tab when no devices are present
- Fixed an issue where LoRa devices could show multiple GPS points as the most recent
- The Tracking map on Project Views now updates in realtime and no longer requires browser refresh
- Map widgets no longer place device at coordinates 0,0 when not receiving proper GPS data
- Resolved an issue where GPS pins could appear in different map locations depending on zoom level
- Improved accuracy of GPS data points
- Fixed GPS drift issues with GlobalSat devices
- GPS devices now show specific address instead of generic city label on Google map
- Added instructional information to project tracking tab
- Fixed an issue where tracking tab could show all historical points for a device rather than just the most current location
- Improved dashboard performance when many map points are present
- GPS slider can no longer be moved to a time that is in the future
- Resolved an issue where the Tracking map could break when a map widget was deleted from the project
- GPS widgets are now hidden as an Alerts & Triggers option
- Changing zoom level on the map no longer resets time frame
- Fixed a bug where viewing GPS map on a date with no data could lock map navigation
- Tracking map now uses same filtering behavior as other maps
- Additional tracking tab UI fixes
- Additional map widget UI bugfixes
- Server updates to improve performance of Cayenne API
- Fixed typos in web UI
- This update introduced one new bug - issues adding the Servo widget. We’ll resolve this in the next release.