RPI Dashboard widgets only

Hi There,

I’m using a Raspberry PI so send data to Cayenne with success but I set it up as my own device (because I need to do specific things) but I loved the integrated RPI dashboard done with the agent.

So my question is, is there any way using MQTT and script to have the same dashboard when I add a board.

In fact I’d like to see data without installing all suite such as agent, webiopi, … I just need RAM/CPU/MEM widget and I don’t want to have any remote access nor GPIO management.
I think there is a script tu run on PI to send this to cayenne, no problem on this.

I didn’t find any widget for this. Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

Hi @hallard04,

Welcome to the Cayenne community my friend!

I think there is definitely a way. We just came out with our MQTT API that should allow you to do what you’ve described. Have you checked it out yet?

http://www.cayenne-mydevices.com/docs/#bring-your-own-thing-api

I don’t anyone in the community has developed MQTT for the Raspberry Pi yet. Would you be interested in publishing something for MQTT and the Pi with Cayenne?

Cheers,

-Benny

Hi @bestes,

Yes the API is working fine and I already have some data pushed from my gateway

But still don’t know how to have the excellent RPI widget for RAM/CPU/TEMP we have with the RPI agent

Curious about your devices…are you on The Things Network ?

I ask because of the ‘ttn’ labeling.

-B

@bestes
yes, you’re right I’m monitoring some TTN gateway we make :wink:

I’d love having TTN on Lora beta in cayenne :slight_smile:

VERY cool what you are doing.

I’d love it too! …Stick around and I have a hunch you will see it :wink:

Combination of network server (TTN), affordable LoRa hardware (like the setup you are using), and powerful application server (Cayenne) gives LoRa access to makers around the world. I am very excited for this.

Your TTN gateways are production ready? I’d be interested in replicating your setup…I’ll be working on setting up TTN network here in LA beginning of 2017…

-B

@bestes
Yeah I’ve got some gateways, I trying to improve them to make them easier and cheaper, actually trying to get them working with $9 CHIP computer because it’s cheap and affordable with LIPO charger on board and 4GB of flash, of course BLE + WiFi :wink:

I’d love to get back in US doing this kind of work with my company, so if you need or know people interested in service/assistance on any project, don’t hesitate to ask :wink:

I’ve updated sensors core to be in nodejs as a service with a cool install script, works like a charm on all gateways