Rpi new installation

hi there
i got some lil prob with rpi zero
it was working fine but i do something ans need to re install jessie (not the lite)
look at rpi os then saw new jessie, dlwnload and install, but after installing cayenne (installation complete and reboot)
cayenne make it appear offline
thinked that was the new jessie, so i reinstall the older version but same thing, try with another rpi zero, new installation added as new device in cayenne , again offline

typed in terminal for service then i got:
system 876: pam exec(login:session): conversation failed

got an ardruino mega with ethernet shield that run for year and got no problem
also esp8266-01 with no prob

Hi there!

Do you know which specific version of Jessie you installed? We still need to release an update to Cayenne so it will work with the newer 4.9 kernel update on Raspbian.

One year working with Cayenne??

~B

maybe 10 month but not less… started with web server on arduino and find cayenne and do the switch for ease of use instead of html with java

for the rpi kernel, thats the 4.9

they change some lil things but kernel remain the same
Version:June 2017
Release date:2017-06-21
Kernel version:4.9

Very cool. It’s just nice hearing that your Arduino has been running for that long :slight_smile:

yeah, so that’s probably the issue right now with the Pi…the 4.9 kernel.

@rsiegel made a post (below) about how to downgrade the kernel to previous version to get it working with Cayenne again…this is totally our fault for not keeping up with Raspberry Pi’s updates. It’s a top priority fix for us to get out the door, since a lot of our Pi users are now running into this.

1 Like

You can downgrade very easy :slight_smile:

sweet worked fine, shown at first reboot thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi @philippethibault,

Just wanted to bump this thread to note that we’ve now updated our Pi agent to support the 4.9 kernel (it still supports 4.4 as well). The update was automatic in the background so there is nothing you need to do on your end. Feel free to use rpi-update to move forward to the 4.9 kernel at this point if you’d like!