Select Device disabled when adding Analog Input

Hi All

Struggling with something here but its probably me missing something obvious. I have a PI 3 with the agent installed and working and a DS18B20 temp sensor connected, which works fine and was detected automatically by MyDevices. However I also have an ADS1115 connected which I can see fine in the Pi but didn’t automatically appear in MyDevices. Yet when I try to manually add it to MyDevices the Select Device field is disabled and I can’t get any further.

Any ideas? Have I missed something fairly obvious?

Nick

hi @nick-baker. you have not missed anything. Pi agent 2.0 currently does not support extension. have a look at this topic Raspberry Pi Agent 2.0
Still if you want to add it to pi and cayenne, you will need to bit of coding.

Aw man thats dull. I came to Cayenne because this project didn’t need/demand a custom build solution. Quick and easy was the aim.

Might be worth updating all the tutorials etc that show these devices working with a Pi - might save someone else the time I spent on this this afternoon.

NIck

i’m with you, why put it on the list of devices to add if you can’t actually add it and use it.
I came here because it was supposed to be easy and fast and i’ve ended up having to code for my dht11/12 and other sensors just as much as anything with time searching through the forums and 1/2 of codes posted not working etc…could at least have a “how to” by the datasheet link so lnking to the best current post about how to get the ads1115 working.

sorry for the inconvenience caused. we have announcement highlights on top of the community page. Raspberry Pi Agent 2.0.
as both dht11/22 and ads1115 are not currently supported you need to use cayenne MQTT Python library GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API
Before adding the cayenne code you need to get your sensor working with your pi.
For DHT11/22: Overview | DHT Humidity Sensing on Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black with GDocs Logging | Adafruit Learning System

For ADS1115:GitHub - adafruit/Adafruit_Python_ADS1x15: Python code to use the ADS1015 and ADS1115 analog to digital converters with a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone black.

Once you have successfully read sensor data, you can add the cayenne python code.

@nick-baker @pihydro.0001 I’m with you that they should be removed since they don’t work

@pihydro.0001 if you need a DHTproject that works I have one here DHT11/DHT22 with Raspberry Pi

Its ok I scrapped some code together for 2 dht sensors, some tile buttons that execute my own scripts to turn relays ( dosing pumps ) on/off ( timed ) and a lux sensor and a ton of temp sensors for my hydro project. I’ll post it all up after I get it in a case or mounted on a wall or something.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see it!

Thanks @adam for the suggestion, we will take this into consideration.