Sensor hygrometer and PH

Hello community !

I have some question !

First i would like know how it’s possible ( and i ift how it’s ppossible ) to use PH and hygrometer sensor with cayenne and raspberry pi 3. I see it’s possible to make custom widget but i don’t know how, and i’m french, it’s difficult to do with english tuto…

And second, if it’s possible to use all my sensor wireless ( i think with radio signal it’s possible )and if it’s possible, how of course.

And again if it’s work on local network… It’s lot of question sorry ^^

Thank’s all

Bonjour la communauté!

J’ai quelques questions !

D’abord je voudrais savoir comment il est possible (et si c’est possible) d’utiliser PH et hygromètre avec cayenne et framboise pi 3. Je vois qu’il est possible de faire du widget personnalisé mais je ne sais pas comment, et je suis français, c’est difficile à faire avec le tuto anglais …

Et deuxièmement, s’il est possible d’utiliser tous mes capteurs sans fil (je pense avec le signal radio, c’est possible) et si c’est possible, comment bien sûr.

Et encore si cayenne peut travailler sur réseau local seulement … C’est beaucoup de question désolé ^^

Merci a tous

Hello Sir,
Can you give some specifications of the above sensors? The custom widget can be done using several approaches :slight_smile:
Let’s start first with the sensors? What sensors would you like to use? Have you choose them already ?
Then I can tell you how I make a python script for my custom widgets, to use sensors that are not natively supported by Cayenne :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @adrien.testas,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! Looks like @ognqn.chikov already gave you some tips.

@eptak is French and may be able to help too :slight_smile:

~Benny

Bonjour !
Hello !

Je vais tenter de répondre à vos questions :wink:
I’ll try to answer your questions :wink:

Tout d’abord, Cayenne a besoin d’une connectivité Internet pour fonctionner, les données transitant vers notre Cloud.
First of all, Cayenne needs Internet Connectivity to work, data are going through our cloud.

Concernant les capteurs, pouvez vous indiquer quels sont leur références ou au moins l’interface qu’ils utilise (Analogique, I2C, …)
Regarding the sensors, could you tell us what are the models or at least what bus they are using (Analog, I2C, …)

Notre agent Raspberry Pi propose une intégration poussée, mais n’est pas aussi souple que notre API MQTT, que je vous recommande pour un usage avancé et entièrement personnalisé.
Our Raspberry Pi agent provides a deep integration, but is not as flexible as our MQTT API, that I recommend for advanced and customized use.

N’hésitez pas à partager d’avantage votre projet, afin que nous puissions vous indiquer la meilleur voie pour y parvenir.
Don’t hesitate to share more of your project, so we can tell you the best path to achieve it.

So i explain my project !

I make bonzai, and when it’s winter i have to put them indoor ! That why i think i can make little godd system for see all paramatres, like ph on ground, how many CO2 and humidity on air and after for C°, luminosity, it’s ok and easy with cayenne !

For sensor i tink some thing like that :
https://www.cdiscount.com/maison/jardin-plein-air/yier-ph0-14-sonde-d-electrode-bnc-interface-connec/f-11785061208-yie2009582079822.html#mpos=1|mp

https://www.amazon.fr/SODIAL-Capteur-dhumidite-Temperature-numerique/dp/B00K67YHWO/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1509035646&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=sone+humidité

It’s just exemple if that can work, i find better sensor

So this is good and after i want to know if it’s possible to make this wireless, maybe with radio…

That all for the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

Alors j’explique mon projet!

Je fais du bonzaï, et quand c’est l’hiver je dois les mettre à l’intérieur! C’est pourquoi je pense que je peux faire un petit système pour voir tous les paramatres, comme le ph sur le sol, combien de CO2 et d’humidité dans l’air et après pour C °, la luminosité, c’est ok et facile avec Cayenne!

Pour le capteur je tink quelque chose comme ça: Cdiscount .html # mpos = 1 | mp

https://www.amazon.fr/SODIAL-Capteur-dhumidite-Temperature-numerique/dp/B00K67YHWO/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1509035646&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=sone+humidité

C’est juste un exemple si ça peut marcher, je trouve un meilleur capteur

Donc c’est bon et après je veux savoir s’il est possible de faire ce sans fil, peut-être avec la radio …

Tout ça pour le moment: p

And for local network, if cayenne is open source, is not possible to have soft for put on my local servor ? it’s can be good idea i think, if i want go live in to the wood, or into the wild ^^

Hello :slight_smile:

As I know, myDevices (the creators of Cayenne) has also some commercial products, so to this question, @bestes can answer.

About the sensors: I’am not sure if the sensors for O2 and PH has some relative libraries. Otherwise you should also write some low level code to use them with the raspberry pi. The DHT11 sensor is fully implemented with Cayenne on different platform.

I don’t know write program, that why if i can find some french people for help me it’s Can be better ^^

For exemple DHT11, work how ? It’s Not on base sensor…

And nobody know for wireless ?

It is very simple. You have to make a python file and to follow a few steps.
Can you read this post? DHT11/DHT22 with Raspberry Pi
It has nice wiring diagrams and code and it is explained step by step :slight_smile:

1 Like

So i try this, whenn i can ! And i say if ti’s godd !

Thanks (:slight_smile:

1 Like

Okey Sir :slight_smile: