I would like to be able to use my SHT10 with Cayenne, is it on the roadmap? Temperature and humidity sensor.

You should be able to add any sensor if you are using an Arduino

Right now I’m only using Raspberry pi’s, but I will set up that Arduino that is some where around, but I’m lacking a wifi-shield at the moment…

You could use the serial to USB for internet connection in the mean time until you get a shield? Also would be great if you could post your code once you get the SHT sensor working so the rest of community can use it!

What happened with the SHT10 sensor? Yesterday mine was arrived so I am planning to use it with Raspberry PI. Can somebody help me to wire it? Also Sensirion has a library, can somebody give some help with sending the data through MQTT to the dashboard?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Any ideas?

Sorry mate, I haven’t had the time to write the code yet. I’ll give it a try in a couple of weeks since I need it in a couple of months myself. I’ll update in this topic when I get to it.

What about the wiring? Can you tell me the wire scheme and then I will try to write a code also :slight_smile:

The wires here from adafruit:

and it should be the gpio 2 (blue data) & 3 (yellow clock) VCC (red) to 3.3v and ground (green). I think a pull-up resistor will be required from vcc to data 10k ohm.

Don’t take my word for it, do some research and confirm my statements.

I try to use this library, but with no success.

I still don’t have access running this sensor.
Somebody to give a hand?

I wire the SHT Sensors as follows:

Green wire - GND
Blue wire - P17
Red wire - 3.3V
Yellow wire - P04 Clock
I use a 10K pullup resistor from blue wire to red wire.

I have install the library
My python code is:

from sht1x.Sht1x import Sht1x as SHT1x
dataPin = 11
clkPin = 7
sht1x = SHT1x(dataPin, clkPin, SHT1x.GPIO_BOARD)

temperature = sht1x.read_temperature_C()
humidity = sht1x.read_humidity()
dewPoint = sht1x.calculate_dew_point(temperature, humidity)
print("Temperature: {} Humidity: {} Dew Point: {}".format(temperature, humidity, dewPoint))

When I run the code I have the following errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 7, in <module>
    humidity = sht1x.read_humidity()
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/", line 78, in read_humidity
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/", line 82, in read_temperature_C_and_humidity
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/", line 70, in read_temperature_C
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/", line 157, in __waitForResult

I have read in a post in the Raspberry Pi forum that some lines have to be changed, but I don’t know how to do it. This is the post with the explanation ->