SMS alerts dead?!

I am having an issue on my Raspberry Pi 3 where i have a sms trigger that was setup and working fine for a few weeks and then all of the sudden the triggers stop working. If i delete and add back the trigger notification then it works fine again. I’ve also had an issue with other trigger events not firing off. For example i have my garage door controlled by a relay and i have a trigger event setup so that once the relay turns on then it also turns right back off to reset it and that has stopped working as of today. i’ve tried rebooting the Pi and there is no change. I also just looked in the Trigger section of Cayenne and it says the last time both the notification and the garage door relay reset were on 3/14, but the last text message on my phone is from Sunday 4/2.

I’ve also experienced something similar with an arduino board - I’ve got a X-board that has a 2 relays mounted on the board and i have it controlling my garage lights using a PIR sensor. It was working great and then all of the sudden the lights stopped coming on even if the PIR sensor was showing a 1, it wouldnt trigger the relay to turn on. I even tried replacing the PIR sensor with another and no luck.

Any ideas?

trigger does not send sms, what is the phone number format in the philippines?

Hi @ecesmarthome, apologies for the late response. Try the following phone number formats (using an example from Manila):

Landline: 011 63 2 ??? ???
Mobile: 011 63 9?? ??? ???

Hi,
what is the phone number format in Chile?

I’m seeing (using Santiago as example):

011 56 2 ??? ??? -Landline
011 56 9 ??? ??? -Mobile

It doesn’t need to be a secret, I’m basically using this website to get the formats: https://www.howtocallabroad.com/ :smile:

Just use the “Calling from the USA or Canada” dropdown and select your country to the see format our app is expecting.

Hi again. You know, I dont know if I set the triggers wrong or they just do not work because I do it and nothing happens, could you help me with this?

If you add an email address to the trigger, do you see that either? That would give some indication of whether it is an issue with SMS dialing or the triggers engine itself.

You mean, if I put only the email?
It doesn’t work in any way, I’ve tried it just by putting my number, also just by putting the email or with analogous or digital readings and neither. I also tried deleting all the widgets and creating them from 0 but nothing works): that’s why I asked if I had set the alert wrong or something similar

Thrillers not work some days… repair please

I think this might ultimately be the triggers engine on our end, which I know we’re going to be updating to a new version shortly. Tagging @jcruz and @bestes to see if they have an update on that.

Hi, there is still no sms notification receive using the format you gave. Is there other solution?

We are using an esp8266 as a wifi shield is it not compatible to the sms notification feature of cayenne?

We tried the Online/Offline notification via sms format that you gave but it does not notify us, the same with email notification it does not work as well. And the ran time counter are still 0.

But wait there’s more! Before the update, the sms and email feature are working compared to the latest update.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! WE APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS.

The same with email notification it does not send any notification.

same here nor SMS or email notification does work :frowning:

How often is the SMS sent? I am using LoRa connected to TTN and set it to continuously send a stream of data all higher than the threshold value and I only receive one text message. Tried running a second time and no text messages sent.

Update: the messages and emails were sent an hour later after sending data to Cayenne. but it didn’t spam my inbox even when I send streams of data. I am just curious how often do we get notifications? was it meant to be like this? Thanks!

Also have found triggers not sending email or SMS where has previously worked fine.

Hello Sir,
I want to ask you how to edit the content of notiffication message that send to my phone number sir?
Thank you sir

you cannot edit the content of the message.

I am from the Philippines, and it doesn’t work on my SMS. For e.g, my number is +639123456789, what would be the correct and proper format inorder to receive the SMS?